Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Semi Permanant Color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Abbie630 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbie630 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Semi Permanant Color
    Posted: October 20 2004 at 2:12pm
About 2 months ago a semi-permanant rinse auburnish rinse was put into my hair. I was told I would NOT get roots and the color would eventually fade....it is not as "purple" as it was before & the color did somewhat fade however, I HAVE gotten roots! - when I went back to my colorist he said because my hair was pourous (sp?) it took more color and it will take longer to fade. Has anyone else had this experience? I am REALLY mad because up until 2 months ago I had virgin hair ....do you think this color will eventually fade out? or should I put a rinse closer to my natural hair color? Or is there a product that can make this rinse fade quicker (without damaging my hair) ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!
portrgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portrgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 12:09pm
So you didn't do this yourself. You went to a colorist? Well then you can go back to that colorist and tell him that you'd like him to fix it for you - for free. (It might not work but give it a shot!)

He should fix it, especially if if was his idea for you to try this AND he told you that it would fade for sure. He can't just say "oops, your hair's more porous than I thought" and not do anything to fix it!

If he won't fix it for free, then I'd say leave and go to a different colorist. One who knows how to ask questions to figure out your hair.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 6:45am
Semi permanent does not totally wash out in most cases (thus, the name!), especially if you use dark or bright tones. I'd give Prell shampoo a try. Also, do try to get resolution from the colorist, as you paid good $ for this. Good luck.
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic