Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need HELP!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TBA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need HELP!!!!
    Posted: December 10 2004 at 12:31am
In the past few months I have had my hair colored, highlighted, bleached and about 2 weeks ago I made the HUGE mistake of getting a perm!!
I ABSOLUTELY hate it and am SO depressed. My hair looks frizzy and is WAY to curly!! I wanted a perm to add some curl but mostly body. What I got was a look like I stuck my finger in a light socket!!
All I do with it now is wet it and put it back in a pony tail. I am worried about getting anything else done to my hair because I am worried that it may just start breaking off! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if anyone out there can tell me how to SAFELY get my straight hair back or ATLEAST relax alot of this curl, it would be MOST GREATLY appreciated!!

By the way! I did not do this all myself, a hair stylist a salon did it all for me. I just never liked the results, so I kept going back to change it!!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 7:11am
I wouldn't do anything else to your hair. You've already done so much, and perms are one of the more damaging things you can do. Why don't you try different styles and see if you can come up with something you like? People with curly hair have to treat their hair differently than straight haired people, so to have less frizzy hair, you may have to adopt some of their techniques. One thing many do to reduce frizz is only comb their hair with a wide toothed comb when it is wet, and don't comb or brush again dry. You can also try putting stuff in it when it's wet like leave-in conditioner, or a little gel. Your hair is quite damaged, so it will probably still be frizzy, but at least these things may help lessen it a little. Good luck.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Sparrowhawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 11:27pm
Be very careful with your hair.

No blow drying. Use conditioners as she said above and hydrate your hair. Very liight combing. Your hair is fragile!

Take a vacation and use an oil that one of the ladies on site says will be good. Olive oil, I think is good.

No men.. just women! Time for basics! Hide!

No washing.. just leave it in until you hair feels soft again. You don't want breakage.

I'm not a women, so I can imagine how that might feel. 1-2 weeks of just conditioner and something to cover your head.

Soon.. your hair will feel softer and managable. No more hair destruction. Sounds more inviting! My dear?

So.. for fun.. I will give you a story.

I used to do tours on a 1890's farm house. I love acting and touring. Just one thing.. I had to learn female stuff. Excellent!

Women back then were in the tub before the men and they washed there hair in a barrel and used eggs and olive oil and a little lye soap. Their hair dryer? A women faning their hair in a window in sunlight! Dtryed and in a bun!

That's not fun!

Then, we went in until the last dirty son.. yuck! Same water.

There was a probram on some channel that had "modern" people living in 1890's for contest.. they snuck in shampoo and got knocked out of the compition.

Don't feel bad.

Just heal your hair!

Sparrow

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic