Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red Dreads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RedHairDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedHairDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Dreads
    Posted: January 04 2002 at 8:08pm
Hi everyone! I am a college student with (naturally) red hair down to my waist. I love dreadlocks and I can achieve temporary dreads myself with some Elmer`s Glue, gel, and hairspray ( my own special recipie). Anyway, I was wondering, do you think dreads look great on people of any hair color?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2002 at 6:56am
Hi,

First of all, I think dreads look great on anyone that wants to wear them. Regardless of hair color, age, sex etc......

Second I want to thank you for your post because it is intriquing.

Third, I am surprised that you use Elmer`s Glue. I get a lot of email from people who use Vaseline to create temporary dreads with horrible results. Vaseline is very hard to get out of the hair unless you know how so I always tell people to use a good gel or hair paste instead of the Vaseline.

Can you tell me what amount of Elmer`s glue you use. I don`t want to steal your recipe but I am wildly curious.

Is the glue a problem when you try to remove it from your hair? How long do you keep your temporary dreads in place?

Thanks for the scoops.
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Madison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2002 at 6:09pm
GLUE????
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic