Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about Dreads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dpac View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dpac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about Dreads
    Posted: April 07 2002 at 2:08pm
I am thinking about dreding my hair, but I need to know will it like totally destroy my hair? If I eventually get tired of this style will I have to shave my head or can it just wash out? I have straight, white people`s hair and it is about 8 inch. long, which means I probably have to back comb. i have done some research on dredding but I could not find anything that would answer this question. Can somebody please help me?
Madison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2002 at 9:01pm
you will have to cut your hair. locing your hair is something you must be sure that you want to do. not because its a fad or whats happening now. and i would not call locing your hair destroying it, for me being an Black Antiguan woman i consider growing locs as a way of returning back to my God giving hair that i was blessed with before the perms, weaves and other junk that i put in my hair DESTROYED IT.
isaac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isaac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2002 at 2:21pm
Dreading you hair is a something you need to be sure you would like to do.

It is not something you can just wash out.

we have some people get dread extensions to give the illution of dreads with out dreading there real hair.

Think about it before you do it.

Dreads are beautyfull!!!

Isaac
cyberparlor.com
Http://www.cyberparlor.com
geongeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geongeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2004 at 10:07am
If you want dread extensions I found them at redsalonsource.com they are also coming to NYC to teach a class on installation June 21.
I can send you a pic of the dreads if you email me.
geoncox@hotmail.com
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:07pm
dreads are tite depending on how u get them done
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 4:19pm
You can always remove them before they totally loc, but it will take alot of washing the wax out ( assuming that you are using wax because you have straight hair).

I do know people who had locs for over 10 and 20 years and instead of cutting them combed them out...took lots of products and alot of TIME to undo them since it had been 20 years.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

You can always remove them before they totally loc, but it will take alot of washing the wax out ( assuming that you are using wax because you have straight hair).

I do know people who had locs for over 10 and 20 years and instead of cutting them combed them out...took lots of products and alot of TIME to undo them since it had been 20 years.
quoted for the truth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic