Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Dreadlock Wax Out?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
David Becker View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Becker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting Dreadlock Wax Out?
    Posted: December 25 2002 at 2:45am
I applied wax all over my head and started the dreading process. After a few days I decided to remove the wax but it has gotten hard and turned white. I want to know how to get this wax out. What shampoo should I use?
Billy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2003 at 6:11pm
You might try applying warm heat from a blow dryer and then blotting your hair with wax paper. Heat will help to melt the wax to a softer texture so you can blot it off and comb or pick the rest out.
Knowledge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 4:06pm
What kind of wax did you use? it sounds to me like you applied candel wax or something of the sort. Good dreadwax wont clump up and turn white.

p.s.- you dont apply wax THEN "start dreading".

the prefered method for white people is to backcomb the apply wax to hold the hair together while it knots up.
shankabilly@aol.com View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shankabilly@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2004 at 3:40am
DAX WAX shampoo specially made to get wax out of your hair cheeck it out
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic