Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Using Rubberbands To Help Roots Tighten?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shelby G. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelby G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using Rubberbands To Help Roots Tighten?
    Posted: May 15 2003 at 10:33am
Has anyone ever heard this? I am new to dreads and I met a guy at a bar the other night. He said that I could use rubberbands to help my roots tighten better. I had always heard that rubber bands BREAK hair. So what is up with that? Is this true? Does anyone know?

He said that rubberbands will help the roots tighten especially for new dreads like mine. He said NOT to apply the rubber bands too tightly though because they could cause thin spots. HUH?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cal Burton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cal Burton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 11:23am
Yes it is true. However, it is also true not to make the rubberbands too tight or it will cause the opposite effect. Take rubber bands that are smaller in diameter and carefully place them about 1-2" from your roots. Make sure they are tight but not too tight. Leave in place for about 1 week at a stretch.
mindfloss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindfloss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2004 at 12:41pm
dont get plain ol' rubberbands though because they will rot in yr hair in like a week.....

get the ouchless kind by goody they r tha best!!!!
www.mind-prod.com
Bringing tha Scene to u 24/7
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic