Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

L0real Excellence HiColor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L0real Excellence HiColor
    Posted: February 20 2004 at 8:54pm
I recentely read about this loreal product (HiColor)
According to the manufacture it is designed for dark hair,can make dark hair any color without haveing to bleach.
Has any one used this at home,and how were the results?
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2004 at 5:00pm
YES YES YES IT'S FABULOUS I DYED MY NATURALLY BLACK HAIR WITH IT AND IT TURNED A BRIGHT, BEUATIFUL, FIERY RED WITH NO PRE-LIGHTENING.
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2004 at 6:48pm
Dear Captain
Thank you for the positive feed back,judgeing by the capital letters you were satisfied with the results.
Just one question can it be used at home or is it somthing a skilled profesional would use.It can be purchased on the open market.
In the past I used Loreal products (drug store Line) They were easy to use and apply.
Is HiColor easy to use as well?
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2004 at 1:03am
Hi, I've used it before but be forewarned: it probably works better on virgin dark hair, not on hair that's previously dyed in various colors because it'd not turn out the way you desire. It may works well on regrowth roots but if the hair is dyed in any way, then this product's no good. I don't like it because it's very drippy but it's all about personal preference anyway. You can buy it at Sally's and use it with any 30 vol. developer with it (30 vol. equals 3 levels of lift).
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2004 at 8:09pm
Thank's for the advice beachgirl,it sounds like a product you have to start with.That is like you wrote"hair thats never been colored"
I wonder if it's possible to apply to roots and match an excisting color?
Also great picture,is that you?
fourmuses View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourmuses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2004 at 12:25am
It is true that you may have unexpected results with previously dyed hair, but I used the bright red color on my hair which has been dyed brown, red, black, and even orange "coating" color, and I got bright red results. do a strand test to be sure. Plus, if you are doing highlights, it is also best to get somebody to help you so that you can do your entire head.
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 7:44pm
Well I tried it on my wife 1st used a Feria to color the hair then used the megenta (after strand test as someone mentioned) HI color for highlight and the results were very good.
Thank you to all for advice and guidance.
My next project will be a cheveron foil job.Any more input is appreciated
Veronica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 5:49pm
i want to do a strand test w/ this product, but how do u get the proportions correct? I have the intensifier, the color (red fire) and the 30 vol. developer?
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2004 at 6:33pm
Veronica
The mix ratio is:1.5 develepor to 1 part color
shindizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shindizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2004 at 8:16am
what is 30 vol developer?

If I buy Hi-Colour in the shops will this have eveything I need to change my hair from black to brown?

I'm male so I don't think i'm after anything shiny like in the adverts, any recommendations?

joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2004 at 11:21pm
Yes they should 30 vol develeper is for thick hair
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 2:58am
I think a developer is the bottle with a nozzle on it that you find in most haircolouring kit. The major ingridents in it is hydrogen peroxide depending on the shade you choose it could be from 6% peroxide to 12%.
I read about Loreal HI at its official American Website and I saw the many different browns they have.
But in my country they have bright golden browns shades. It claims to brighten virgin hair up to seven levels with the HI technology. Cool.
I am thinking of trying it soon after I outgrew my recent colour.
ARGHH
KatalystKaoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatalystKaoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 11:51am
I just Bought this Product in Fire red but I'm reluctant to use it because My hair isnt virgin...

I've only lightin it a couples a shade or two with The True Brunette Line from Preference line.

Do you think I'll be safe?
Veronica F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 4:16am
I tried several strand tests w/ this and no results! I guess it just depends tho. Do a strand test before u do anything u might regret. Sometimes, these products don't work on certain pple, depending on how resistent the hair is. Other stuff works great like schwarzkopf for me in terms of lifting pwoer. O hyeah i tried an unsuccessful strand test in that exact shade....tell me how it goes for u!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic