Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

brassy highlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ZABOCUR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZABOCUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brassy highlights
    Posted: February 08 2003 at 9:13pm
I decided to have my hair hairlighted. Previously my hair was a reddish color and i bought a dye today and changed it to dark brown before I went to my stylist. She highlighted my hair,but the front is REALLY bright while the back is just right. I hate the way it looks becasue I have this extremely bright color in the front and dark hair in the back. It looks awful.
I am afraid to color my hair becasue I want to keep the highlights, I just want to tone down the front, and also I am afraid of damaging my hair with the constant coloring.
Do you have any suggestions on how I can tone these highlights down with minimal damage to my hair?

Thanks
bigbutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2003 at 8:51am
It may tone down on its own or try purple or blue shampoo which works well. Just keep using it. ask your stylist to tone down the blond if that doesnt work.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2003 at 10:00am
Zabocur; Go back to your stylist and let her know that your not happy. You payed $ for a highlight, and I'm sure that your stylist would want to know if your not happy.

There are options, it may just need to be toned or she might even have to weave some lowlights back into your hair.

There should be no charge for this. But call her soon, because the sooner she sees it the easier it will be. Tell her you were uncomfortable calling her and you need her to match the front to the back.

If you do something to it before she sees it you will be paying $$ for the C/L correction.

Let us know how it goes.

Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2003 at 10:03am
It could be that the dark color you applied before you went in, is fading and causing the front to be really bright???
Mary Newsom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary Newsom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2003 at 8:35am
Thank You sooooooo much.I had the same problem with one of my girls.I feel much better about our problem and a solution.
ALL THAT AND MORE/all this and more
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic