Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is Blonde Out of Fashion?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Blonde Out of Fashion?
    Posted: March 02 2003 at 6:55am
Yay. Personally I prefer long hair on girls but I'm not closed minded I think they look way better when they have their hair the way they want, especially is it's original and different.

I've come to the conclusion 1337 h4x0rz fault that people make fun of people like you and me Ingrid. They're controling the world using their 1337 hacking skills or maybe I just like blaming everything on them.

*goes silent*
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2003 at 2:38pm
Honestly, people should go with hair colors that LOOK good on them! Not what the trends or anyone else are telling them. If your skintone and coloring look good with blonde, then go for it. Red, black, brown, or unnatural colors, go for it too. :) I think blonde hair is very pretty, so it's no wonder it's very popular. So is black hair. lol.

I've been blonde, unnatural red, burgundy, and brown. I had lots of fun! Now, I'm returning to my true roots: natural black. But I plan much later on to add some streaks to my hair like bright unnatural red, blue, silver or purple using fake hair (extensions) rather than dyeing it so I can take it off anytime. That's what I love about fake hair and being true to your hair whatever color it is.
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2003 at 1:28am
Hey Vineman-
Sorry that people call you that stuff. I can sympathize. As a girl with short hair, I've been called various nasty, mean-spirited things, too. It sounds like you're above that tho :) And do what you want with your hair...nothing wrong with long hair on a guy. Some gals like that, y'know!

Love,
Inga
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2003 at 11:01am
I agree with Ingrid, don't follow trends. Why would you want to look like everyone else anyway? If you want blonde hair, then bleach it if you don't then leave it the way it is. Trends are just created to keep people all the same so there will be as little idealism and imagination as possible, thus preventing the world being radically changed in any good way.

Stop looking at me like that =/

Anyway I'm a guy (That's why I have the name VineMAN I used to be Wetflame) and I'm growing my hair out long and I'm probably going to bleach and dye it at some stage. If nobody else has hair like mine, all the better. I get called "Freak" a lot and even once or "Faget"(God I hate Homophobes I'm not even gay anyway) and various other words featured in Korn songs.

Anyway the moral of that story is, Don't Conform.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2003 at 3:10pm
And Oh Yeah, I agree, the style that looks good on you and fits your personality is the style that is "IN" for you. Blonde, blue, pink or brunette, lets face it we humans like change.

And if you think that your stylist is only recommending hair color to get you to spend money...Get A New Stylist.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2003 at 3:02pm
Some things that have changed drastically are products...Color, Styling Products, some shampoos and Conditioners, Make-up colors are more neutral, and some of the new Skin Moisturizers are awesome.

These can be pricey also, but if you really find the products that are right for you, it can be well worth it. Most professional products come with a money back guarantee, when recommended by a professional. And that's a good thing because there are thousands of products out there and it is really easy to end up with a bunch of wrong products under the bathroom sink.

So, having someone you trust helping you figure out what works for your hair and skin is essential.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2003 at 10:10am
I find it interesting how certain makeup colors, hair styles/shades and clothing comes and goes in and out of style, yet many people forget that certain things will NEVER look good on them no matter how fashionable they are.

The capri fad, which is apparently revving up for another spring (sigh), will NEVER work for me! Likewise with the ever-changing parade of makeup colors. Last year I remember shimmery, pale pastels being all the rage. Great on blondes, yes, but on medium-skinned brunette me it would be atrocious. The same goes for hair color. If ashy-champagne blonde were suddenly the runway shade of the year, I'd probably take a quick glance, say "Hm, that's nice" and then continue on my brunette way. With my warm complexion, cool hair shades just aren't going to do it for me.

That's why I pay little attention to hair trends in general. I know what looks best on me and I more or less stick to it. Of course I'm not still wearing my same clothes from 1986 (I was five then, so that would be impossible anyway!) but unless a style, garmet or color looks extremely dated I see no need to change it simple for the sake of a trend that will be gone in three months. :-)

Oh and an interesting side note on Jen Aniston...I recently saw a high school photo of her and I couldn't believe it: Naturally her hair is dark, rather thick and WAVY! Just like mine! She has transformed herself into an iconic blonde so convincingly that I didn't even know it wasn't her natural shade or texture. But it all comes with a price: I saw a closeup of Jennifer and her hair looks somewhat fried from the chin down. The price we pay for perfect hair....
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2003 at 7:48am
Hey! Blond doesn't seem to be as much 'in' now as it has been at other times, but its never really 'out'...a lot of this is just junk to pressure you to 'change' and 'update' and 'keep up'...really they just want you to spend more$$$$$$$$. Find what YOU like and go with it and don't worry too much about what's in fashion. :)
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Twain View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2003 at 7:05am
I just read that haircolorists are recommending that people go much darker with their hair color. A case in point is Jennifer Aniston who wore her blonde highlights very dark for the Golden Globes. Anyone here this trend?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic