Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clairol Uncolor Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Eudoxia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eudoxia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clairol Uncolor Questions
    Posted: February 28 2003 at 12:12pm
If anyone has used it I'd appreciate it if you know the answer to the following question.......

I am using it to remove semi-permanent color from my hair. I used it and it didnt' seem to do much at all. I'm not sure if I didnt' put enough on or what. I followed all the instructions (sat under a dryer etc).

My question is .... Is it gentle enough to try again? The same day? It didnt' feel irritating to my scalp or anything and my hair feels the same. I'm just curious if I can try again to get this color off.

My natural color is a medium brown and I used a neutral black semi-permanent dye on it a month ago. It hasn't seemed to lighten up very much and I wanted to go lighter again. The Uncolor product like I said, didnt' seem to dent it at all. Well maybe slightly.

Thanks in advance

Eudo
IRIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2003 at 10:01pm
I had used the same product and it did nothing. My hair was also dyed black. A stylist told me that black hair dye is extremely difficult to lighten. Go straight to a proffessional colorist, I'm sure that it is expensive but will be well worth it. If the product you used didn't work the first time it probably won't do anything if you try again.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2003 at 11:02pm
Hi

You did not mention in your post what brand, level, and timing. Knowing these things maybe I can help.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Eudoxia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eudoxia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2003 at 1:25pm
Uncolor has no levels that I know of it is a product used to remove semi-permanant dye form your hair. It didn't work the second time either nor did it seem to damage my hair at all which is good.

Thanks for the replies!

Eudo
dingojunction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingojunction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2003 at 6:28pm
Semi-perm black may as well be considered permanent black judging from experience! Black is very hard to remove by yourself at home.Visit a professional and have them take out the black! Its sounds costly but it could cost more to correct at home damages.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic