Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

trying to find the right hair color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trying to find the right hair color
    Posted: March 02 2003 at 10:06pm
Hi,
I am trying to find a hair color that is almost an exact match to my natural hair color. I found a hair color that was pretty close to my original hair color but it is a little too light. The color is Dark Beige Blonde by Loreal Excellence creme. I would like the color to be along the same lines as the dark beige blonde but instead maybe a light beige brown or maybe even a medium beige brown color. I can''''t seem to find this color. I have tried the light browns and medium browns before and they all leave a reddish brown tint to my hair. The Dark beige blonde was the closest match but a little light. Does anyone know if they make a light beige or medium beige brown hair color? Please let me know. Thanks.

Sweetpea
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 1:10pm
Sounds like the Excellence cream, because it has 20 vol. H2O2 and ammonia, is lifting or lightening your natural color is that what you want??

Are you looking to lighten your natural color or just enhance or tone??
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 2:35pm
Sorry my first post wasn't really clear. I left out one part. I had highlights in my hair and I just want to go back to my original color. I tried using the dark beige blonde by Loreal Excellence creme which was almost an exact match when I first colored it but then it faded just a little. I want it a little bit darker to match my natural color so I have been trying to find maybe a light beige brown or a medium beige brown to match my natural color to cover the highlights. The regular and golden light and medium browns leave too much of a red tint on my hair but the beige colors are just perfect and seem to match my natural hair color really well. I just can't seem to find any beige browns only the beige blondes.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 5:42pm
Depositing color on pre lightened hair can be trickey. Especially when you are using a cool color or a beige...

If you are trying to darken choose a deposit only color...But be very careful, depending how light you are you could get too violet,,,gray...green whatever basetones the color is.

You don't need permanent color to make your hair darker.:)
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 6:48pm
Where can I get deposit only color and what brand do you suggest I use? How does it work? Will it further damage my hair if I have already used a permanent haircolor? My hair isn't very light. I just had some strands on the crown of my head highlighted not my whole head. Please let me know.
Thanks.

Sweetpea
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 7:51pm
I use Natural Instincts quite often (I mix dark brown with medium ash brown, to cover my grey and give me a nice dark brown that doesn't look black). It's deposit-only color that leaves your hair feeling in better condition than when you started.

It's perfectly safe to use over permanent color, but it's recommended that you stick within a few shades of your natural color. If you use something too dark, it may become "permanent".
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 7:52pm
By the way, isn't it true that she should look for an ash shade to help avoid the red tint?
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic