Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Survey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
olivia m. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivia m. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Survey
    Posted: March 05 2003 at 3:44pm
Please fill out the survey. Thank you for your time!

1) What colour looks good on light(e.g. blonde) hair?

2)What colour looks good on darker hair (brown)?

3)Chunky highlights or thin(normal) highlights?

4) Semi-permanent or permanent?

5)What do you feel about people who dye their hair or get highlights in the following colours: green, blue, pink, purple, etc.

5)How many times have you coloured in your lifetime?

olivia m. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivia m. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2003 at 3:48pm
I might as well answer

anything that contrasts well with light hair- meaning the colour cannot be way too dark.

copper blonde, auburn, etc. Usually auburn types of colour and subtle copper blonde highlights look great on darker hair.

Both, although I've never had chunky highlights.

Both

5)What do you feel about people who dye their hair or get highlights in the following colours: green, blue, pink, purple, etc.

I think it's cool that they have the courage to dye their hair in those colours. My friend has a blonde hair and she got light pink highlights and it looks awesome!

3 times
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2003 at 6:50pm
1) Any colour that is considered "cool" in shades because light haired people have cool features
2)colours that are considered warm for warm features
3)Both look great if you know what you are doing
4)Semi if you have lightly coloured hair cause only pemanent can lighten hair colour
5)very nice, very bold, very cool, but not for the faint hearted
6) 4 times in the past 1 year
Savage Gardener View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage Gardener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2003 at 1:02pm

I think a little red can look great - strawberry blonde is so pretty.

Maybe a few subtle highlights, but generally I think dark hair is best left as it is.

Thin, to avoid the badger/skunk look.

Sem-permanent. I have problems with the word commitment.

So long as it's done well it can look great and more power to them for having the nerve to go ahead with it.

I've used a semi-permanent about five times.

Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2003 at 1:32am
Hi! I dunno why, but I love filling out these little surveys...

1)Other light colors, most likely. People with naturally light hair tend to be fair-skinned, and most often look good with blond, light red, or light brown hair, altho sometimes very dark hair with pale skin looks really good.

2)People who have naturally darker hair have more options (it seems)- they can use dark reds and plums and auburns. I know a lot of gals with lighter hair that try these colors and they never hold. On the other hand, naturally dark-haired people can't always pull off very light colors...and if they can, they still have to deal with their dark roots, which can be quite a pain :(

3)Depends on the base color and the color used for highlights and the person's style and personality. Both can look great or terrible, altho I kinda think that bold, chunky highlights are cool. If I highlighted, I'd probably try some.

4)I've only used permanent myself...I'm still new to the hair coloring experience. Sometimes I'm very happy with it, and sometimes I wish that I'd gone with semi- instead. I guess its a matter of preference.

5)I like funky hair colors (except for the bright pink a la Gwen Stefani)...green and blue especially. I know a girl who dyes her hair purple, and it looks great. It depends on the person, I guess.

6)Hmmmm...Lets see here;
started off naturally light ashy brown, bleached it to light blond (had it do it a couple times to get it right)...cut off all of the bleached parts about a year later, back to natural brown, dyed it jet black...cut it really short, bleached out the black to a bright platinumy blond color...that's where I'm at now.
So...I guess that's 3 major color changes.

Hey, this was fun!!!
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2003 at 4:17am
Old survey popped up in the "from the past" bit. *answers*

Originally posted by olivia m. olivia m. wrote:

Please fill out the survey. Thank you for your time!

Actually, if I had very light hair, I'd dye it blue.

I like dark, dramatic reds.

Chunky looks good if you're young, but into the 30s and 40s it looks weird on some people.

I like permanent because it makes a more dramatic result, but I might have to use something less permanent to be gentler on my hair. I'm looking for something less likely to make me react, anyway.

Nothing wrong at all. I've been known to try to do such things, although with varying results. If only I could figure how to get blue to look blue rather than green on my hair, I'd be a very happy girl.

Too many to count! Been doing it half my life.

More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic