Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bleached hair dark roots what do i do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jackieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleached hair dark roots what do i do?
    Posted: March 15 2003 at 9:18pm
I have my hair highlight my hair and we use a cap.We have been doing this for quite sometime.Today I looked in the mirror and it is like my whole head is bleached or something and i have these god awful dark roots which before wasn't so bad with the highlights but now it my entire head is blonde.Anyway, my question is what if I dyed my hair a darker colour and then highlighted it what would happen? I know the colour probably wouldn't stay forever but could it turn out.Please someone I need help!!
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2003 at 5:58pm
Don't dye your hair that much! It'll melt. Just go into a hair related place and ask for your roots to be done. Or wear a hat.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2003 at 10:19pm
Hi,

Visualize this, When pulling hair thru a cap, and you try to bleach the new growth...so... you apply the bleach to the new growth, so what happens to the ends? They fall back down into the bleach. There fore the ends get bleached over and over again leaving no darker pieces in the hair.......Get the picture?

My answer to this is THROW AWAY THAT CAP!!!!

Go to a professional and get a foil highlight with some low lights to even up your ends. YOu will LOVE the results!!!!

Good Luck
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic