Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Colour related fun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colour related fun
    Posted: March 18 2003 at 5:33pm
I'm thinking of dying my hair soon, but I'm a bit put off as I intend to bleach sometime in the future, and I don't want extra damage. I was told that if you dyed it there would only be more dye to remove when bleaching, but I only want to dye it lighter, to a dark red or purple. I have black(but not jet black) hair and a darkish red came out really well on it before.

I'm pretty sure the *colour* as in pigment will have faded out to orange/brown by the time I want to bleach it, so there wouldn't be any extra pigment, actually less, to remove? I don't want a permanent pigment I want it to fade so I can bleach it without damaging it.

I don't know I hate Chemistry, I have an exam of it in school tomorrow and I'm going to fail.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2003 at 9:03am
Ok Vineman...I think I was one of the ones giving you advise on this before...When you said Dye, I assumed darker...

I think that your current assessment is right after you lift your color to a lighter version, red or not you most likely will eventually fade to a reddish brown...with darker roots.

Keep in mind that there will be some damage when bleaching no matter how good the condition of your hair is.

Color Party On
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2003 at 9:05am
Oh and dark purple will in most cases fade slower than the dark red.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2003 at 1:28pm
Yay!

I think I'll dye it soon.

One more question: I already had the front of my hair dyed red (as I said) - Hey that rhymed! It's amazing what you can find. I better stop before I become a pain in the behind.

*coughs*

Well it's kind of red as in Orange red right now, what will happen to that? It'll probably end up almost blonde if it's lightened twice the same or will the dye not lighten it past a certain amount?

Will I end up with really bright red at the front? That'd be pretty good. I don't want to damage it too much then, but I guess it'd only be taking less work off the bleach if the front was very light already.

Yeah I thought I case across as wanting to darken my hair before I posted it here cause more people would see it.

I'll want to dye it a blueyblack a few times after It's a little lighter but nothing permanent, I'm smart enough not to do that after a friend of mine had an incident with Permanent black hair.

Thank you!
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2003 at 1:30pm
I mean the front of my hair is a darkish orange Red the rest in black.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2003 at 1:35pm
I really need to register so I can edit...

Just to correct again, the front of my hair has faded from the more unnatural brighter red as in more like primary colour red to an orangey/browny/red but I want it all to be Red red, I don't mind if the front is a light red and the rest dark.

There.

Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2003 at 2:27pm
LOL You are a Poet!

Just remember that when you have different spots on your head that are different ...ie.. some more bleached than others...You have two different types of hair and it has to be treated differently.

If some hair is already bleached you may not need too leave the same strength bleach on that as you would on the darker hair. Especially if the darker hair is colored...hair with color molecules shoved into it, does not lift as easily as normal virgin hair.

Virgin new growth lightens faster than all of it.

AND all of this is dependent on the condition of the hair.....
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2003 at 5:51pm
Actually, I do write poems.

The front of my hair isn't bleached. I was quite surprised. They put red goop in my hair and it lightened it a lot and made it red at the same time.

It's going to be annoying to have 2 different roots to do. Maybe I should not bother with the front and let it grow out until I bleach it?
But I still want it to be red. Will I use the same dye? What happens when it fades? Surely I don't use the same dye as it would lighten my hair again.

So many questions =(
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2003 at 5:53pm
I'm not actually bleaching it yet there are a lot of dyes that lighten it quite a bit too, I might go back to the place I was before but I don't have time with school.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2003 at 7:36pm
OK, maybe it wasn't Bleached...But its been lightened, lifted, basically more assulted than your other hair...different.

anytime hair is lightened even if it is by the sun...it is still considered bleached.

Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2003 at 1:25pm
Ah get what you mean.

So what should I do when the colour fades? Because I'm lighteneing it it'll be seperate from the roots, so I can't use it all the same. Should I just do the roots and use ordinary red dye (like those punky colour sort of ones) on it then? I don't know.
A girl I like wants me to dye it red too so...
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2003 at 3:54pm
Yay I got some red dye and I checked the colour thingie at the back and it'll make it a fairly nice darkish red, similiar to the one I had in the front of my hair. I can't wait but I'm getting a bit nervous now, because I don't know what my Dad will say.

I'll take a picture because I probably won't have dark hair for a good while now, I just need batteries.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2003 at 8:46pm
Can't wait to see Pic's.....

Keep the Faith
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2003 at 10:38am
I told my Dad I was dying my hair and he said "Don't be stupid don't touch your hair"
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2003 at 1:04pm
Oh mann.....He sounds just like a Dad.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2003 at 11:29am
I dyed it but it didn't come out... in the least. It actually made it darker, if that's possible. THe front of my hair is not as red as it was now. I followed the instructions exactly, and it had a thing of the box saying what it would turn out like on different hair colours, and it should have come out a darkish red, it's still black. After the front coming out so well I'm really disappointed and pissed off at the eople who made this dye for failing to mention that it might not work on all hair.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2003 at 11:30am
It was a "permanent" colour (Although I expect the reddish tint and darken front to wash out in a few days by the look of it) and it was meant to lighten it quite a bit.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2003 at 12:49pm
Is the front where you had the lightened hair??
Sometimes that grabs color really easily...It sounds like that's what might have happened.

It will likely fade faster than the other hair.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 2:55pm
I'm really disappointed. I'm getting it done in the same place I got the front of my hair done, it'll be a lot lighter and nicer (and less natural looking which I like) than it would have been. I hope the dye has faded enough in 2 weeks for it to lift properly.
Still really disappointed... a girl I like wanted me to have red hair too.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 5:20pm
So by getting it done...you mean your going to a Salon??

You know I recommend that alway's as a first option....Give us an up date when you have it done...

Cheeers, Poetman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic