Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

colour remover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: colour remover
    Posted: March 21 2003 at 9:32pm
what is a colour remover?
could it be done at home?
the reason i am asking this is that i would like to colour my hair dark almond brown and i already have a copper blonde dyed hair.
after my blonde hair colour nightmare i dyed it light brown. ( light brown looks like regular brown to me)
but i see the light brown fades and the blonds is showing but just a little ( i like the discrete blonde shade of it). my hairstylist told me that if you colured you hair before and then you colured it again the first colour will show again when the second colour fades away. YOu see i dont want that. so i am thinking of removing the dyed colour first before coluring it again. I dont want to make the same mistake of coluring my hair 6 levels lighter again so i'm just sticking to shades max of 3 level lighter of my natural hair colour.
also does it damage you hair when you remove it?
do you think they sell it?
how does one keep the colour vibrant?
ARGHH
hairgirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 10:06am
hey, I am telling you as a friend and as a hairdresser that i am a professional, i took school for 2 years and i turned my hair orange with color remover, and unless you have a really tough scalp, i would not try it you self go to a professional!! I am telling you that stuff ate my scalp up and it turned my hair orange, and the next proceedure is to put another color remover on it but my scalp cant take anymore! so i am going to have to put a darker shade on it to cover but if you dont want to end up like me dont put that remover on yourself, you never can tell what will happen. Especially with brown hair that turns orange when you lift so you will be in the same boat as me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic