Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

blonde highlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
swt_hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swt_hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blonde highlights
    Posted: March 23 2003 at 4:57pm
do anyone know a good hair highlighting product.. i want blonde hightlights.....

i don't want to go to a perfessional because it's so expensive..
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2003 at 8:01am
Swt; It's not about the highlighting product, it's about who is putting the product on your hair.

I have seen "trained stylists" using the "Best Products" and the results still can be disasterous.

Let's think about this: Affording to have a service done, thing.

Ask yourself...What is my time worth?
I will spend an hour (or more) shopping for the proper product.

It will cost me (I'm guessing here) $7.00.

I will spend two hours trying to get the look of color that I want, and I will be luckey if I don't end up with a modge podgy version...or worse.

In most good senario's, after I'm finished I will spend more time and money trying to adjust this highlight because it is not what I expected...
Lets say another $7 to 10 in product and another 2 to 3 hours of my time.

So if you work?? for $10 or even 7.50 per hour we're talking about, in time and cash;

Spending from $55 to $80 dollars doing it myself, in most best case senario's................

Ask yourself can I work a few hours overtime to have the money to spend on myself?? Can I mow a few lawns or shovel some walks? Can I babysit for a couple of weekends?? Can I NOT buy, that $30 shirt and that $40 dollar pair of jeans?? In order to have my hair just the way I want it...

When I want something...My first thoughts are not, that I don't have the money...My first thoughts are how do I get the money....

sorry for rambling....Keep the Faith.

swt_hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swt_hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2003 at 1:03pm
thankz so much.. but my mom does it for me and she does it really well.. i juss want a hair color highlight that won't fade as quickly... any ideas...?
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2003 at 2:20pm
Ok, so...what color is your hair? I guess I'm trying to figure out what you mean by fade?

So, you want lighter peices in your dark hair...and the lighter peices fade? or get too light??

Give us the goop.
katy v. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katy v. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2003 at 3:34pm
Here''s the scoop. Some good highlighting products are: Feria Colourstrands(Loreal)

From Clairol,

Subtle, Natural-looking Highlights

Hairpainting Kit lets you brush on subtle highlights. Or just dip your tips!

Nuances Kit has a unique, glider applicator that strokes color on easily. It''s great for all kinds of hair ?straight or curly, long or short.

Touch of Sun Kit lets you lightly blonde in the sun or with a blow-dryer. Spray all over for a sunny effect, or chunk with it.

Dramatic Highlights

Frost & Tip Kit lets you plan where highlights will go with the cap and styling hook. Create highlights all over or just do the tips.

Extreme "Express Yourself" Highlights

Xtreme FX Bleach-out Tool Kit gives you all of the tools you need for any look you want. Bleach-out your highlights. Then, if you want, use the Xtreme FX Color Shock colors for outrageous color.

I hope I helped you out a bit. To keep your colour fresh, avoid exposing your hair to the sun. The sun is a natural lightener and can cause hair to fade or even change color!
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2003 at 8:55pm
I really like John Frieda Beach Blonde Sun Streaks. (I'm assuming your are blond, or light brown haired?)

See my review at http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP337399111&id=610

I've never used the product to do highlights though... only to touch up my roots. I have natural highlights in my hair, and when I chemically lighten my hair, the natural highlights are still lighter than the rest of my hair.

Doing highlights on yourself is REALLY hard, b/c you can't see your whole head at once, and you can't see the back. You should try to get someone to help you.

Good luck!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
swt_hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swt_hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2003 at 10:12pm
when i said fade.. i ment.. "last long" and mi natural hair color is black but i dyed it so now it's like.. brownish red.. wit a LITTLE blonde on the ends
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2003 at 10:45am
swt_hair, I suggest you to try off the scalp highlighting bleach to bleach your selected strands to blonde. If you don't know how to handle highlighting cap or foils, then I suggest you to do hair painting method, starting with very few strands around your face to learn and handle the brushing part. Then watch the progress till your strands reach the level you desire (go past gold and orange). Otherwise, go to the salon if you feel it's too much for you.

If your hair is naturally black and was only lifted to brownish red, I suggest you to find a Sally or local beauty supply house and get the salon quality bleaches like Wella Wellite powder bleach or other powder lightener. And get 30 vol. creme developer to mix it with the powder lightener. It's only used for off the scalp and pretty powerful, can lift many levels, but can burn your scalp unless you're using 20 vol. with it.

I've gone blonde successfully from black hair on my own since most hair colorists refused to grant what I wanted. I learned through trial and error plus research.

Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic