Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

temporary blue/black

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: temporary blue/black
    Posted: May 07 2003 at 11:01am
I want to dye my hair blue/black but I only want it to last a couple of weeks, how can I make sure it is not permanent?
I tried dying my hair red recently nd it didn't come out very well, the red has faded but I want to get rid of the brown tint until I get it dyed properly.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 12:43pm
In my experience, even temporary black color does not fully wash out. If I were you, I would call the 1-800 # on the back of the Loving Care box (I think that's Clairol, if I'm not mistaken) and see if you can get some feedback on just how temporary their black color is. Loving Care is the only truly temporary color that I know of, however, I am not certain about black washing out even in that line. I can tell you for sure that dark brown Loving Care washes out.

Good luck and please let us know what happens.

Elissa
[/url]

mjski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 7:00pm
Whats your base color?
IRIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 7:11pm
Black hair especially blueish black doesn't fade. I had used a dye by clairol that was bright bluish black that was supposed to wash out in 4-6 weeks but it did not even fade. To remove black hair dye hair has to be bleached at least twice and leaves it really dry. You definately need to go to the salon for this, it will be well worth the money.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2003 at 11:47am
Can they do it temporary in the salon?

I want to bleach my hair but I'd quite like to have it black sometime again too.

I really shouldn't have tried to dye it red myself I hope the colour fades/bleaches out easily =/
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 12:24pm
Anyone any other ideas?
Ramona View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2003 at 4:20pm
Check with a salon. They have new improved color forumlations, I think they call it a rinse or a gloss rather than a semi-permanent color, which will wash out in 6 weeks or so. They don't leave it on as long as regular color. I had it a couple of months ago and it did wash out.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2003 at 7:45pm
Cool thanx I'm really glad because I want to expirement with my hair a lot in future but I like black too.
My hair is a sort of dirty slightly brown black.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2003 at 7:48pm
Do other dyes like bright red and purple totally fade out? A friend of mine dyed her tips pink/red I think she must have cut them off but there's a little bit of redish colour still inside.
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 6:15pm
My friend dyed her hair blue black, she used Garnier 100% Color blue black (permanent), and everytime she shampoos, all this blue black color runs out of her hair. It happens everytime she washes her hair. After a couple of washes her blue black was gone and her natural was back. This happens no matter what brand of dye she uses. This happened to alot of people I know.
Don't Fear the Dark...Fear what's in it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic