Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Elumen-Pros and Cons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
goreygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goreygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elumen-Pros and Cons
    Posted: July 13 2003 at 9:23am
I'm sure many of you have heard about Elumen--the haircolor from Goldwell that uses a new technology to color hair. No ammonia or peroxide but charged color particles.

The pluses: Extremely shiny, healthy hair. Does not do damage; in fact, will correct damage done by standard types of permanent haircolor. My hair feels like it was never colored and is very smooth and silky.

The minuses: An oxidative color has to be used on grey roots first. Thus, two different color products, more $$$

****Cannot color over an Elumen color if you even want to go just 1 level higher. The color molecules block oxidative haircolors. I found out the hard way when the color tests of any permanent color I've tried all turned out looking the same. A Return treatment must be used to remove Elumen; it cannot be removed by any of the standard products. More $$$.

I was told this by colorists who use Elumen and those who don't. If I'm wrong, please correct me, I would love to be wrong on this count. But just thought I would pass my experience along and really had to vent as well.
CheekyLilMonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CheekyLilMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 11:05pm
Any updates on Goldwell Elumen? When it launched several years ago, I thought it was supposed to revolutionize hair coloring, so what happened?

Does it cover gray? Embarrassed
Does it stain the skin?
Is there a natural-looking dark brown suitable for men? 

What are the pros and cons?

Edited by CheekyLilMonkey - May 23 2008 at 10:00pm
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 1:25pm
Everything that was said/written about Elumen is spot on! It's great for bright colours and healthy processing, but it's a b*tch to get out. You have to be sure you want that colour, cause it ain't going nowhere! haha.

It's still being used by colourists, especially for unnatural colours (eg. blue, green). Often they will be used on clients who like to experiment and don't mind cutting their hair short when they're tired of the colour!LOL
Love clip-ins and tape!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic