Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wrong.... help???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
portrgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portrgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrong.... help???
    Posted: February 06 2004 at 11:46am
I got highlights done a few days ago. It was suppose to be natural, thin blond highlights through out the top and sides of my hair. I wanted to keep most of my light brown color. Instead, it ended up being really blonde on top w/ barely any of my brown and kind of what I wanted on the sides but still too many highlights.

I'm doing it myself b/c I can and I'm sick of people not understanding what I want.

**Should I dye back to my brown and then put in highlights like I wanted? OR try and lowlight??
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2004 at 12:53pm
I wouldn't dye back to brown and start over!

Is there a phone # on the box that you can call for a consultation?

[/url]

portrgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portrgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2004 at 12:59pm
I didn't do them myself. I had a friend who's a cosmetologist do them.
Viva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 10:34am
Have you tried to get lowlights, designed to go on top of blonde to make it more brown?
I have not had much luck with at home lowlights and highlights though, they always seem to go really red/orange.
Do you trust your friend to "fix" it for you? maybe s/he wouldn't mind doing the lowlights and helping you find a good product. It is good experience for your friend too.
Just a thought.
Good luck.
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic