Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlights keep fading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zapped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlights keep fading
    Posted: May 16 2004 at 7:29pm
Hi, I have brown hair and I have had it highighted with blonde streaks several times. The problem is, every single time I get the highlights, they start to fade by the next day and in 2-3 weeks, they have completely faded to an orangey color with a lot of brown showing through. This happens no matter what salon or stylist I go to. I use only professional products on my hair (Redken, to be exact).

Why is this happening? Are all the salons using semi-permanent color or something? I used to bleach my whole head of hair a platinum blonde about 12 years ago, and when I did it myself using store-bought color, it never, ever faded. How can bleach fade?? Help!
smittymarlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittymarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2004 at 8:27am
Hello,
It's not your highlights that are fading, it's the toner that was put over your highlights. What's happening is when they bleach your hair, they are not lifting you past the orange/gold stage. . .thus putting a demi permanent toner over it to mask the hi-lite color. You are right, bleach cannot fade. . .Next time try asking the stylist to use a little higher developer or have her leave the bleach on longer (if your hair is healthy). Sometimes when stylists are in a hurry, they will take the product off too soon, which is why your hair looks orange. If you just had it done recently, I would call the salon and see if they can fix it.
Good Luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic