Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - *Can I use Semi or Demi Permanent dye over Permanant dye? - Please help*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Can I use Semi or Demi Permanent dye over Permanant dye? - Please help*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Can I use Semi or Demi Permanent dye over Permanant dye? - Please help*
    Posted: May 18 2004 at 12:58pm
Hi! My original hair color was a beautiful brown...but I went through this phase of wanting to go blonde...so I had my base lightened and then really nice blonde highlights. After the summer I decided I wanted to go dark again. My hairdresser dyed my hair a permanent red dye as a transition. It looked really nice, but of course I wanted my brown hair back. When I went back in a few weeks to get my hair dyed brown with caramel highlights, it came out BLACK with AUBURN highlights. I cried alot. So, trying to lighten up the black I got highlights, but the girl who did the highlights did them mostly on the top of my head, so it looked like I had blonde highlights with black hair...I recently got my hair chopped to chin length to get rid of some of the black at the bottom. I also recently got it dyed an dark auburn on top but that's fading and looks coppery. I just dyed my hair last nite a demi perm color , but it really didn't do much. Maybe I should leave it on longer? I wanted to know if anyone could help me out cause I want to let my hair grow out now, but while it's growing out I wanted to dye it a demi or semi perm color to make it at least blend. Any one know of anything that could help me? Sorry for such a long message! Thanks :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic