Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - *Anyone know of good conditioners for dry, damaged, or colortreated hair*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Anyone know of good conditioners for dry, damaged, or colortreated hair*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Anyone know of good conditioners for dry, damaged, or colortreated hair*
    Posted: June 29 2004 at 5:09pm
What hair serums and conditioners does everyone suggest for dry damaged (colortreated) hair? Which brands does everyone prefer? Which ones are the best? Thanks!

Linny
Captain japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2004 at 6:38pm
Redken All Soft is nice. The following is a recipe for the best conditioning treatment ever:

1/2 cup All Soft conditioner(or your favorite deep conditioning product)

2 tablespoons softened butter

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon grapeseed oil

1/4 teaspoon mint oil

2 tablespoons milk

blend it all together with a wisk, then massage liberally into the hair, cover with a plastic bag or shower cap for an hour or more, rinse with cold water.
Benji the Sausage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benji the Sausage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2004 at 10:44pm
i was just about to post and ask this question.

i got the redken extreme line. its alright. and artec smoothing.

on thursday i went to the salon to have my dyed black hair turned blonde. 5 hours. 3 bleachings.

it looks like sebastian bach from the band skid row and ronald mcdonald had a child. big, fried, and orange...

which means. i have to go back for MORE. god help my head...
BSL/Blonde/Chemically Treated (abused)
1b/cMii
I swear by Redken Extreme and Shea Butter.
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2004 at 6:40am
You might want to try Dove shampoo and conditioner labled "Intense Moisture" on both bottles. They also came out with new Dove foam conditioner.

Dove is a good shampoo, it dosent weigh down your hair like most shampoo and conditioners.
catalope View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catalope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2004 at 2:34am
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Masque

Tresemme Hot Oil Treament

both have glowing reviews from makeupalley.com

You can do that flat iron conditioning method with the conditioner on moist hair, with foil covering, and flat ironing repeatedly. The heat provides a more intense conditioning.

Dove is good too, you can be surprised to use drugstore brands and get salon worthy results.

I also found this discontinued
B-Intense Reboot Extreme Conditioner at
a Big Lots. Tons of hair stuff less than 2$
catalope View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catalope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2004 at 2:37am
and I forgot

consider a good leave in treatment like Pantene Light Conditioning Spray.

L'Oreal VIVE Smooth Intense serum (7$)

No serum can heal split ends, they can only make them look smooth until they are washed out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic