Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why did my stylist do this??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zapped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why did my stylist do this??
    Posted: July 04 2004 at 12:52pm
Hello, I am trying to figure out if this stylist is incompetent or he couldn't help what happened. He is supposedly a master stylist but he made my hair look awful.

Here's what happened--my hair is naturally brown and I had beautiful blonde lightlights. I went to have them retouched yesterday. Since most of my hair was blonde (someone else had done more "all over color" than highlights but I liked it), he suggested that we make all of my roots blonde as well.

So I said ok, but in the end, it turned out orange! I wonder if this could've been b/c even though he did use 40-volume developer, he only left it on for 10 minutes (Also, he put me under a dryer that someone told him had burned someone the day before but I guess that's another unanswered question I have??).

He was going to leave it like that until next week b/c he had another client (can you believe that??)but I complained to the people at the front desk who made him "fix" it right then and there.

So he said "we have to do highlights." I assumed he meant blonde ones to match the rest of my hair, right? Wrong. He made half of my hair a cooper-penny red color (which I suspected he was doing when he said he was putting a "glaze" on it after he washed off whatever highlight color he used). Now it is all mismatching and I have to have someone else fix it today. So, instead of just touching up my roots, I am coloring half of my hair over and over again and damaging it.

Now, couldn't he have just bleached it more to lift the orange color, or couldn't he have put some brown back in my hair? Why red? It is so ugly and even he said blonde looked better on me. Couldn't he have done something differently? What could have made it turn orange? And is it true that he couldn't fix it again then but had to wait until it grew out more? Or did he just want to go home?
angi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 9:51pm
he should of left it on longer, and not necessarily under the dryer. depending on the product he could of left it on up to 90 min.. he should of thought about the time situation before taking it on. did you pay for the service because i would not of charged my client for that
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic