Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black... =(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
y0ur_tragedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y0ur_tragedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black... =(
    Posted: October 16 2004 at 8:47am
So i d yed my hair black and i HATE IT!!!And i just read that if I use dawn dish soap..it will fade?Is that true?Are there any other ways with out haveing to go to the salon ?
xX*aNdi
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2004 at 11:22am
The dish soap should help it fade, just wash it repeatedly with it, and condition very well afterwards. If it doesn't fade it enough for you, you may still have to go to the salon, but you can try this first.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2004 at 8:11am
Liquid Tide will help it fade too. It won't remove it completely, but you may be able to lighten it to a shade you can live with. Take Susan's advice, though -- condition well afterwards because it is drying. I think your only other option would be going to a colourist who specializing in colour correction. You could try removing the colour yourself with a couple of applications of ColorFix, but this could lead to other problems. I think a salon is your best bet.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
peaches_41314 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaches_41314 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 3:37pm
this is for susan

i had a bad streak job i had black hair and she pulled most of my hair through the cap it looked bad so i went and had it dyed a dark brown but its got red tint in it.. and in the sun it looks kindof orange would the dawn soap help get the orange and red out or fade it down some? is it non ultra dawn dish liquid soap????
arhake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arhake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 6:24pm
i have an olive complexion....and I'm half asian. Do you think REALLY black hair would look bad on me? Cause I'm afraid of going to dark, but I don't mind looking plae.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic