Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OMG!! How soon can I recolor?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OMG!! How soon can I recolor?
    Posted: October 23 2004 at 12:49pm
My natural hair color is brown/black. I have grey so I color. The last time I colored my hair I used a soft black. After several weeks later I decided the black was too dark. I wanted to lighten it just a bit.

I bought color removal and it turned parts of my hair orange! What the heck? I immediately recolored dark brown. The red is still showing up (not as bright as before but it's still there).

How soon can I recolor again? Today is Saturday and I have an interview on Monday late afternoon and I don't want to show up with weird hair.
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 4:55pm
Sorry to hear about your hair colour disaster.

If you're concerned about damage, waiting doesn't really make a difference. You can colour as soon as you want. As long as you don't want to go lighter, you can recolour now. If I were you, I would go with a semi-permanent ash shade -- maybe Natural Instincts dark ash brown. This should counteract the red. A semi-permanent is also less damaging. Just make sure you do a strand test first. You don't want an even bigger disaster on your head Monday morning. I've been there (I had peach hair 2 weeks ago). Good luck!
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
Carin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 6:51pm
Phew!!!! Thanks so much. My biggest fear is that my hair would fall out if I colored it again so soon.

GO RED SOX!
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 7:51pm
I think as long as you stick with semi-permanent you'll be fine.

P.S. I live in Nova Scotia. We're big Red Sox fans up here too.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 10:29pm
yes semi permanents is the best choice for immediate colouring. just remember to keep your hair hydrated coz your hair is pretty dry now. keep your shampoo interval as far away as you can so the color wont fade

p.s
you have brown hair, how come you use black dye. to get that matured look
if you were to cover gray, if you have less than 30% grey hair use semi permanents. if more you permanents colour. you can also try metalic dyes to cover gray hair.
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic