Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

:-( help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ceoceo13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceoceo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: :-( help please
    Posted: November 03 2004 at 12:10pm
I put blonde highlights in my hair over the summer and the sun turned it a blondish color. I hate how the roots grow throw and i want it back to my original color which is a light brown or dirty blonde. What would you suggest i do to get it back to my natural color? i hate how the roots grow threw. My hairdresser said to dye it 2 shades darker than my natural color then it will fade into my regular color. Should i do that? Thanks very much!!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 9:46am
Going 2 shades darker may be okay, but that's only for your highlighted hair. If you still have natural hair mixed with it, it will stay much darker and not rinse out as readily. I would go to a salon and let them handle it because choosing a color with the right base is very important when your hair has yellow in it.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
ceoceo13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceoceo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 1:45pm
I tried to die it close to my natural color a couple of weeks ago but it turned out a color i dont like. I dont have any of my natural color left so i figure if i just dye it darker then the roots wont be as noticible when they grew through. I did this a few years ago and it worked pretty good. I am just afraid that the dark dye will turn my hair a greenish color because sometimes it does. I am going to go to a salon and have my hair stylist do it but do you think it will turn greenish? thanks for your help!
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 2:11pm
Why don't you try having some lowlights of your natural color put in? Going dark after having your hair light is always a shock. I would recommend going back to your natural color slowly. A skilled colorist will know how to accomplish this with a few highlights mixed in with lowlights of your natural color. Try it, you won't regret it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic