Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*sigh* I feel like going blonde...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veronica F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *sigh* I feel like going blonde...
    Posted: February 26 2005 at 3:19am
At the mo, as quite a few pple may know on this board i am a dyed rehead. But sometimes i can't help but get tempted by change. I look at various blonde shades and I just fee like going blonde but i'm fully aware of how damaging that can be to color treated red hair that's naturally dark! I think i should just try on several blonde wigs first. It's just, i mean i've been brunnette and red but now i want to have an affair w/ blonde hair... lol.
Does any1 else feel this way? Like you wanna make a drastic transformation but ur not totally bored w/ ur current color? I know its crazy.
I mean i loove having the redhair more than anything but lately i've been drawn to doing this, prob becuz i've never actually gone blonde. i mean i had 6 blondes chunks against my dark hair when i was 13, but never was i an official blonde. Lol.
This is just a random thought i'd share.
Its prob just some crazy phase i'm going through, and anyways I'm not keen on bleaching, but i've heard ab that new highlift CHI blonde by Farouk.
Anyways if i went blonde the stress on my hair would probably make me unable to permanently straighten it.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 6:40am
Yes, you should wait to go blond til you've got some virgin hair to work with. On the plus side of that, by that time wavy/curly hair may be in style again, and you won't need to straighten.

Also, you should do lots of research and invest in at least one fabulous blond wig. When you have a blond wig, you can be blond whenever you feel like it for the rest of your life. A bleach job will keep you a blond for, like, three weeks.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
rory0907 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rory0907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 12:36pm
OMG that is so me!!! ill see a person i know or a celeb with a great blonde color and want it immidiatly! i as well have very dark hair....but i herd you can go almost all blonde with just asking for all over highlights several shades of blonde.

but if you want it and got the $$, i say go for it. gotta live dangerously
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 6:02pm
Even tho wavy hair might be in fashion soon i would still love having straight hair...i don't care much for latest hair fashions just whtever i prefer or feel like doing. Anyways my wavy is more like FRIZZY wavy that's straight on top and wavy at the bottom so I'm really yearning for permanently straight hair. Anyways, yeah i agree that blond would be tooo much for my hair at the mo. The thing is I don't wanna think of growing out my hair BUT i heard that there is a way of going lighter gradually. I still adore my auburn locks so I know that if i did go blonde it would probably be short-lived! Tho 'living dangerously' is highly appealing to me, I think i should first go w/ the wig idea. I wanna try different wigs to see which i like best on me and then in the future i can keep that shade on the wig in mind and color my hair that blonde.
The thing that frutstrates me is that atleast w/ blonde hair roots look nat. for the most part but w/ red hair pple can sooo tell its not my natural color when the roots start popping up! :(
I mean no natural redhead has dark brunnette roots!! Lol.
But I touch it up once a month or so, and sometimes i leave a *slightly* longer gap in between.
kdprincessjess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdprincessjess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 12:22am
I'm in the same situation as you! I want to have blonde hair as well but I'm naturally dark brunette (and have been one for 21 years!). I have been getting golden and light brown highlights done in my hair for awhile now and over spring break I'm going to get it done in about 3-4 different light brown/blonde shades of highlights and become dirty blonde. This is healthier for your hair and is a LOT less upkeep...even when you have like 3 strands of your natural color poking through it looks way more natural! Good luck
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 10:31am
I totally know how you feel!
I've been every color on the planet except blonde. Tomorrow is my 21st birthday and I thought, you know what? I'm gonna go for it! :) I keep seeing blondes everywhere and its one of those things I want to try before I'm 25 hehe.
Not really blonde, I have the Christina Milian/Beyonce bronzed tone so I think I'm going to to go for maybe a level 6/7 golden blond with a few highlights around the face and on the top of the head.
But I have it all planned out- my hair is currently chin length dyed a level 3/4 so I'm going to lighten it and then when I get sick of it I'm going to go more of a red, and then back to my natural color when I want to grow my hair.
Or atleast that's the plan :) I just hope they don't refuse to color it because it's already been colored a few times, although I am pretty good with maintanence.
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 1:11pm
I think we all want to be something we aren't. I'm naturally light brown/dark blonde and would LOVE it if I could be a stunning rich shade of brunette or a fabulous red naturally. I'm so envious of women that have naturally dark hair.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by KB KB wrote:

I think we all want to be something we aren't. I'm naturally light brown/dark blonde and would LOVE it if I could be a stunning rich shade of brunette or a fabulous red naturally. I'm so envious of women that have naturally dark hair.

I've never felt envious, but I do tend to get bored w/ one color for too long but since i have black hair naturally every color use obviously has to be lighter, unless it was blue-black but I've never gone THAT dark. For some reason, black hair makes me look "dull"
But I'm sure it would look great on u, u should def. try it some day!
Innamorata594 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Innamorata594 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:51pm
be careful-its addictive..different colors give you a different attitude. im naturally a level 3, dyed to a level 7. wanted to go back dark...Went to a level 2...Was entirely too dark...So I lightened back up to my current level 6(the milian/beyonce color mentioned above.Now its the color everyone wants. Im content with it, but still crave change. Some days I want lighter, some I want darker..Some I even want to go to some shade of red.Never been a redhead:)...But I dont want to get out of control, ya know?
Sara
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by InnamorataItaliana InnamorataItaliana wrote:

be careful-its addictive..different colors give you a different attitude. im naturally a level 3, dyed to a level 7. wanted to go back dark...Went to a level 2...Was entirely too dark...So I lightened back up to my current level 6(the milian/beyonce color mentioned above.Now its the color everyone wants. Im content with it, but still crave change. Some days I want lighter, some I want darker..Some I even want to go to some shade of red.Never been a redhead:)...But I dont want to get out of control, ya know?

Yes, u should try red! Hehe if course I'm one to talk, lol I'm obsessed w/ coloring my hair red! But seroiusly I agree w/ the colors giving u a different attitude, and when ur red, u really feel special! hehe, its cool that red hair always gets noticed! Lol I don't feel like going anymore, well not as much as when i posted. I'm sooo moody.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic