Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

yes i got another question...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arhake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arhake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yes i got another question...
    Posted: March 05 2005 at 9:21pm
I know I'm getting annoying... I'll stop asking so many questions.......one day! :-D

Is dying your hair a really dark brown as hard to change colors as dying it black?

and

does anyone know of a brand that sells a black hair color that doesn't come out like really super black?

or

can you recommend a dark brown thats not dull?

gosh this is getting crazy trying to find the perfect dark color for my hair!! I don't want to be like that girls post who dyed her hair and decided to go darker but it was too dark!

I just dyed my hair for the first time like 2 shades lighter. It came out great, but I'm not quite sure I like light hair on me. I dyed it light ash brown..but it looks more red brown...but I like the color anyways just a little too light. I should just show before and after pictures!

ok im freaking out now...my dad just told me dying your hair when your young (im 15) will cause your hair to fall out faster when you get older is this true!?
he never wanted me to dye my hair in the first place though....so i think that might have something to do with it.
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 6:02am
Originally posted by arhake arhake wrote:

I know I'm getting annoying... I'll stop asking so many questions.......one day! :-D

Is dying your hair a really dark brown as hard to change colors as dying it black?

and

does anyone know of a brand that sells a black hair color that doesn't come out like really super black?

or

can you recommend a dark brown thats not dull?

gosh this is getting crazy trying to find the perfect dark color for my hair!! I don't want to be like that girls post who dyed her hair and decided to go darker but it was too dark!

I just dyed my hair for the first time like 2 shades lighter. It came out great, but I'm not quite sure I like light hair on me. I dyed it light ash brown..but it looks more red brown...but I like the color anyways just a little too light. I should just show before and after pictures!

ok im freaking out now...my dad just told me dying your hair when your young (im 15) will cause your hair to fall out faster when you get older is this true!?
he never wanted me to dye my hair in the first place though....so i think that might have something to do with it.
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 6:03am

"Is dying your hair a really dark brown as hard to change colors as dying it black?"
A: Probably not however dyeing it a really dark brown could turn it black!

and

"does anyone know of a brand that sells a black hair color that doesn't come out like really super black?"
A:I've heard good things abt Clairol Nice&Easy in Soft Black which isn't too black black.

"can you recommend a dark brown thats not dull?"
A:I can think of a nice rich chocolate brown but bare in mind that it usually has reddish tones

A: Oh no that has no effect whtsoever on ur hair when ur older, becuz after all hair grows, and another common myth is that hair dye make it "fall out" which is not the case; bleaching it, and coloring then bleaching again or constantly using harsh chemical treatments on the hair WILL make it break off considerably depnding on individuals hair type and some pple have large clumps of hair come off when they used sun-in and then got a perm in the salon the next day!!!
But using a little hair color every now and then doesn't make u go bald rest assured! And if ur still skeptical ask these exact same questions to an experienced stylist.
Actually, at this point i SERIOUSLY recommend u go to a good salon and consult a stylist w/ all ur questions and they'll be happy to help u out, also its prob better to get it dyed in the salon.
atomicblue View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atomicblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 6:29pm
I recomend Clairol Natural Instincts (demipermanent) neutral black or revlon colorsilk black(permanent)
arhake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arhake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 9:11pm
how long should you wait before you dye your hair again? and can anyone give me a name of a shampoo that fades your hair? oh and when people say fade your hair does that mean make it lighter? i feel stupid now b/c all the people that say they wanna fade their hair its always lighter. But i wanna fade the color in my hair right now so my natural hair color will come out more and its darker.

leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:18pm
If you used permanent dye to lighten your hair, you cannot "fade" it darker. That dye has removed pigment from your hair. If your hair was brown to begin with, it would be orange if it didn't have the ashy tones of the dye covering it. The only way to go darker is to dye. A semi is best because it won't lift any more pigment out of your hair. (See my reply to your "choices choices" post.)

And I don't understand your shiny vs. dull colors question. Dye can make your hair dull because enough of it damages the cuticle. Many semis make hair temporarily more shiny because they coat the hair (kind of like conditioner). If you really want shiny hair, the easiest way is some sort of silicone-based glossing serum or spray (like BioSilk, CitreShine, or a billion other products out there).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic