Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cinderella Hair Extensions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Dayna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cinderella Hair Extensions?
    Posted: February 02 2003 at 1:45am
I'm looking at hair extensions and I heard about Cinderella hair extensions. Can anyone give me any information about this in comparison to Great Lengths? I heard that the cost is considerably lower, but I am concerned about the quality of the hair, etc.

Thanks for your help!
Dayna
is-daw@womans.com
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2003 at 12:07pm
Hmmm...Never heard of it. Are they the fushion kind, or the clipped, glued or sewn in ones?
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2003 at 12:26pm
darcy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2003 at 11:47am
dana,

i just had the cinderella extensions put in my hair last weekend. they look great, very real, and are MUCH less expensive than the great lengths.

it depends on what you're looking for and what you want to spend, but i'm really happy with the cinderella extensions i got.

(they are protien bonds heated into your hair)

darcy
Dayna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2003 at 1:42pm
Darcy,

Thanks so much for your help! I was really concerned about the damage to your real hair. Please keep me posted on how your's are working out.

Thanks again.

brandi wagner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandi wagner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2003 at 9:15pm
Great Lengths, Cinderella, mega Hair and any other type of fusion bonded extensions has thier good and bad points. The good part is they look and feel awesome, the bad part is they are not for everyone. These heated bond extensions should not be applied to weak or chemically treated hair, they should not be applied as a full head extension or as a hair replacement, they should only be worn a few applications. Most of my clients I have done these extensions on became dependant on them as a fashion need and in the end they did not ever achieve thier own natural hair; in other words thier natural hair never got better but worse. I switched these clients to the weaving method and found much better results for natural hair growth and done properly thier hair returned healthy. However wearing the bond method can benifit the person who needs a tempory change and will not be wearing the extensions for long periods of time. I recommend that the bond method stay in your hair no longer than 3 months per application. Any longer and your hair will thin out and likely become weak. Make sure if this is the method you want to use that your extensionist has experience and a good name. Done wrong and your hair will reap the damages. Anyone saying fusion can last over 3 months is lying so buyer beware. Any type of hair extension method is expensive and high maintence. There are no such things as cheap hair extensions. Prices are from $500-$3,000. The higher the price does not mean they will last longer,it depends on who does it and hair quality plays a big expense role. Make sure to always use real human hair with cuticles aligned in the same direction. If your hair tangles or matts up after a wash or two you got scammed. On the end note there are many ways of attaching hair extensions, I really don't think one is better than the other, I think its the clients hair situation which should determine which method is best suited. I think the bond method can be good but the clients that can wear them are limited.Most clients that I do seeking hair extensions are desperate due to hair damage, female thinning and other hair conditions where the bonding method cannot be supported in the hair causing further damage. I use the bonding method or Great Lengths when I have a client who wishes to have a little length and fullness added and thier hair is in a very healthy state, then this method works wonders. Good Luck-
BWagner
staceyesquire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staceyesquire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 8:07pm
i don't know where you are, but I know that they use Cinderella hair extensions at Capello Salon in Orlando, FL. Hope this helps. The stylist there told me Great Lengths is more expensive because you are paying for the equipment they use to put the hair on...
Debi Brittain View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debi Brittain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2003 at 6:11am
AS a professional stylist who began applying extensionsfor the last year I will share with you my disagreement about what they do to the natural hair...I have had wonderful long term results with them> what I do it put my clients on NIOXIN,,,,an awesome product the slows down or stops hair loss..that and a strict maintanance agreement onhow to take care f them results in the naturhair being in good condition when the extensions are removed. I used BOTH Great LEngths AND Cinderella. The hair quality is somewhat different, hence the lower price for Cinderella....Hope this helps!!!!!
staceyesquire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staceyesquire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 9:59am
i just had mega hair strands applied, they are similar to cinderella and great lengths, and i'm very pleased... however, it takes FOREVER to blow dry the hair and it feels course even though it was labelled "silky smooth." is this normal? it's so porous. it's impossible to dry.
Jana Morris View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jana Morris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2003 at 12:44pm
I am a recipient of both Great Lengths and Cinderella...DO NOT use Cinderella!! They dont stay in, come out by 'strands' (resulting in hair EVERYWHERE). Ive had them removed with new ones applied FOUR times (under warranty) and the results are the same. Im returning to GL
london Scott View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote london Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 11:00pm
I do hair extentions and have always worn the new methods before I apply them to other people.
BEWARE OF GREAT LENGTHS I have to agree with the other post. They are VERY damaging to the hair and often become matted and tangeled after less than 2 months. Many stylists have said that it then takes HOURS to remove them at this point. The glue on several ocassions has turned black with no explanation from the company. They do not back up thier products at all. Many stylist have refused to use them any longer.
I am very curious as to others and their experience with the Cinderella Hair Extentions.
Thank you in advance for your feed back
London
Pamela Garcia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pamela Garcia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 11:09pm
London
I have done hair extentions for years and was excited about Great Lengths when they came out
UNTIL... I had clients comming back in to complain about them tangeling, the glue turning colors, the hair frizzing ect.... I rang the company and YOU ARE RIGHT they were of no help. WHEN THEY DID FINALLY RING ME BACK.
Ladies Stay away from GREAT LENGTHS
Coleste View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 11:59am
I am interested in learning about the different hair extension methods. Which do you guys prefer I use on my clients. Does anyone have a website address for the Cinderella Hair Extensions?
Kay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2003 at 6:03pm
Ive heard alot of good and have been refered to go with cinderrella hair, My only problem is living so far out of the city and sounds like I wouldn't be a likely candidate as my hair has thinning and have alot of new growth. I would like to find something to put alittle more fullness possibly with tiny clip-on if such a thing. Can you please help? Kay
jinxinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinxinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2003 at 9:22pm
I have been doing Great Lengths in my salon for about 5 years. I had a couple of problems with applications when they were playing with different bond formulas over the years and when I called the company, I too received no help. Until I talked to Brett Butcher. He seems to be the only one that can help with a real problem. I have needed and used his help twice over the years. He did come thru! However, it did take some perserverance on my part. My GL applications last an average of 6 months. If you stress to your clients (and send home comprehensive instructions on the care and detangling of GL's) then the average wear time is 6 - 8 months for normal to thick hair and 4 - 6 months for fine - normal hair. Most of my clients wear them to grow out their and use them for about 1 1/2 years with much success.

The main difference between Cinderella Hair & GL (I tried it once) is the feel of the hair. I put a few strands in a coworkers' hair and she could only stand the feel of it on her shoulder for about 2 weeks. (I wanted to test the wear time against GL) The feel of the hair was the difference in price. But maybe we just got a few bad strands sent to us.
saj
jrreynhart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrreynhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2003 at 12:48pm
hello, I have done different kinds of extensions and just completeld a 2 day training seminar with Cinderella hair extensions. You sound like a canidate for the micro bonds. which are very small and very close to the head. I don't know where you live. I am in Massachusetts. If you would like to talk more e-mail me back.
Originally posted by kay kay wrote:

] Ive heard alot of good and have been refered to go with cinderrella hair, My only problem is living so far out of the city and sounds like I wouldn''t be a likely candidate as my hair has thinning and have alot of new growth. I would like to find something to put alittle more fullness possibly with tiny clip-on if such a thing. Can you please help? Kay
bexy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 9:27am
Hi

Don't worry about the quality of the hair - it's very good quality.

I wear Cinderella hair myself. I have also worn Great Lengths extensions.. Cinderella Hair is about the same from what I can tell. I've had this lot in for about 2 months now and it's still as silky and Shiny as when it was first applied.
Bexy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Jana Morris Jana Morris wrote:

I am a recipient of both Great Lengths and Cinderella...DO NOT use Cinderella!! They dont stay in, come out by 'strands' (resulting in hair EVERYWHERE). Ive had them removed with new ones applied FOUR times (under warranty) and the results are the same. Im returning to GL

I can't understand that as I wear Cinderella Hair Extensions myself and have done for about 5 months now. I have not experienced hair coming out. I am also a Cinderella Hair Extension Technician. I can only say that if you experienced what you say you did, whoever applied your bonds may have overheated them.
tonyestarrtraxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyestarrtraxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2004 at 4:45pm
I offer the best and newest form of fusion which is the Lord and Cliff brand. It is a step up from both the Cinderella and Great lengths fusion. This hair doesn’t shed or fall out. It also stays silky and last much longer. I charge $350 for first time clients and I have all reoccurring customers who are completely satisfied with my job. I’ve had no complaints at all. I am located in Atlanta, GA, but I will travel to your city if you can find at least 5 other people who would also be interested. Call me at (404) 421-0715. My name is Tonye. My website is www.starrtraxx.com/fusions.htm.
tinkerbryt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinkerbryt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2004 at 2:30am
I read all your replies about Cinderella hair. I'm 35 and have fine hair, it never grows much beyond my shoulders. Considering extensions, but fear they will pull out what little hair I have left. Can you suggest what would work for me? When I say "Fine" I mean my pony tail is the diameter of a dime!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic