Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coloring Hair Extensions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FlaGal View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlaGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coloring Hair Extensions?
    Posted: July 03 2003 at 6:07am
The human hair extensions added to my hair are too dark. Can they be colored? Thank you.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 8:40am
My recommendation would be to ask a stylist experienced with color. Although, I'm sure, most will recommend against it, since they are human, they've obviously been colored at least once.

I think a lot depends on the quality of the hair and exactly what you want done. Going lighter, however, may involve stripping the color and redepositing another color -- very tricky.

Unless you haven't invested a lot of money in them (and don't mind if they're ruined), I'd really leave this one in the hands of someone highly experienced in color.
Lulubell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulubell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2003 at 8:29pm
So, if I have my hair highlighted to blonde every 6 weeks, what do I do about the extensions. Do I have to go to my natural color?
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2003 at 8:40pm
Quote o, if I have my hair highlighted to blonde every 6 weeks, what do I do about the extensions. Do I have to go to my natural color?

What I would do is color your natural hair however you like it; then match the color of your extensions to your hair (no matter if it's natural or colored).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic