Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beware of Sequence hair blending

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bellashadow View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beware of Sequence hair blending
    Posted: November 23 2004 at 6:44pm
Hello all, I usually post on the www.heralopecia.com site but I am posting this around all the hair sites to warn everyone about this company. I am talking about Sequence. So far many women have had very bad experiences with them. I will tell you mine just so you could be warned.

Sequence at www.sequencehair.com claims that they have the ultimate system for thinning hair which will not damage your hair, it looks totally natural, as they say “it gives you your natural head of hair back”. Basically they say “Hair blending blends 100% human hairs with your own duplicating the way your hair grows naturally.” “This exclusive process allows your hair and scalp to breathe freely.” After going there for the first time and being promised all these things, as well as being able to put my hair up, having my own part, being able to still use my topicals with this thing on, being able to brush right down to the scalp, I paid 5000 dollars to get a European hair system. Basically they described their method as follows. They showed me a web with very large holes and hair attached to it, the way it was supposed to work was to pull my own hair through it and than attach it around my head with little comb locks since I live far away from them, they are in New Jersey. Anyhow when I went for my appointment to get it done, they came out with this thing that looked like a really bad wig with soooooooooo much hair on it that you could not pull anything through the wholes. They basically just clipped it around the perimeter of my head and that’s all.

Obviously I was not happy with that so they said they will remake it after trying to convince me not to. I made the appointment for Nov. 19 and I came all the way from Toronto to Boston first because that’s where my mom lives. On Thursday night they call me and they say, “I’m sorry your hair never came in”. I was outraged, I just couldn’t believe they would wait for the day before to tell me that and expect me to be calm.

I went there anyways the day after with my mom and demanded my money back seeing that they advertise one thing and deliver a total different product. Of course they all said no. To make the story short they kept contradicting each other and conducted business in a way that was totally unprofessional. They were taking advantage of our problems. Two other girls I know have done this recently, in fact the same day I waited for my friend to come and she also was shown the same bullstink product and it was her second time coming. Needless to say we are planning to sue them.

The last thing is you should see the scam when trying to market people. Someone came on our site and started posting as a lady named Maggie who was very happy with her process. The consultation guy, Michael, even posted some pictures of her on a site called Fotki assuring us that she is real. Well she was real all right, she was the manager of the company and her name was Anne Marie and that was all her real hair. The same goes for a picture he had posted of DivaAtkins she also works there. If you guys are interested in reading more details go to www.heralopecia.com and in forums under cosmetic options I and the other girls currently upset with this have three posts, called Sequence outrage.

You can also e-mail me at yu267950@yorku.ca . If anyone has had this done in the past and was unhappy also contact me as soon as possible

Thanks all for listening to the long post, we just don’t want anyone else to get scammed like we did.

Olivia :O)
Jenny_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2004 at 6:04am
Thanks for spreading the word, Bella. That's totally unacceptable, and the company sounds super-sleazy. I've already read about your experience in detail on www.heralopecia.com, and I'm really sorry to hear they treated you so poorly.

I'm very interested in this because I have a friend who had the blending method, with the netting, and really liked the results (it definitely wasn't from Sequence in NJ, though--it was some place in NYC). Even so, she stopped using it after a while because the maintenance was crazy (like every two weeks) and it was prohibilitively expensive. She also has pretty thick, full hair to begin with and was basically using it for length and texture.

Again, thanks for sharing your experience.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2004 at 9:55am
The process is called hair integration, and their prices are outrageous. You could have gotten a custom-made hairpiece for lots less.

If you google on hair integration systems, you'll end up with loads of sites. Here's an interesting assortment of hairpieces designed for women with various types of hair loss.

http://www.womanspersonalhealth.com/star_integration.htm

On their main page, they say that your hairpiece comes untrimmed, and will need to be styled by your own stylist.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Callalily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callalily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2004 at 3:14am
I don't believe it. Yall, I think that is a disgruntled employee. I heard that a couple of people got fired from there and ever since they have been spreading bogus horror stories about them....Not cool....

janinemyers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janinemyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2004 at 6:17pm
i've heard lots of bad stuff about sequence...this post doesn't suprise me....and $5,000, with expensive follow-ups all the time is crazy.
miamigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 11:52am
Callalily: I"m sorry to say you couldn''t be more wrong. Olivia has posted her story on many sites as have other women. I have had many interactions with her and have found her claims to be legitamate. Perhaps, you should research her claims a little more before you start branding her as a liar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic