Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

clip-on hair extensions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 5:17am
Thanks for sharing that technique, MetalGirl. It's very helpful.
heather0x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heather0x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 3:27pm
I had awesome results with clip in extensions.
My hair dresser reccommeded them instead of the other kinds.
When I went to her, my hair was brown, and shoulder length. I wanted long blonde hair for my grad. We picked up a pack of Raquel Welch 100% Human Hair Extensions in Light Golden Blonde and then gave my head a full head of blonde foils. Then, she put a brown steak or two on all of the extensions and we put them in my hair. It was so real. I was so impressed.
Being the moron that I am. I dyed my hair black about 4 months later, and dyed my extensions as well. Then about a month later I decided that I didn't want black hair, and got it lightened. I want my extensions back, but I don't know how to fix them without spending major bucks at a salon getting them dyed. I'm afraid that the boxed bleaches might be too harsh for them.
Any ideas?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 6:33pm
I've dyed and bleached my own hair and my extensions (not clip-ons) many times, and the results have been mixed (in a few cases, totally disasterous). My feeling is that you're going to have a hell of a time getting them to blonde from black. First, you'd have to color-correct the black, and then you'd have to go through God-know-how-many bleachings and tonings to get them to blonde. You could probably get them to a dark or medium brown, but blonde, I wouldn't think so. It's amazing you've been able to get your own hair from black to blonde (was the black dye permanent, semi, or a demi?).

Also keep in mind that the extensions you have were already bleached/dyed before you ever got them. Then, you've dyed them, too, so I think if you tried to get them blonde, they would just fry off, frankly.

That said, I'm no color expert. The best place to go is the Going Blonde Message Board: http://www.network54.com/Forum/127834 There's lots of knowledgable and friendly people there who could probably help you.

Of course, if you did fry them, at least they're not your own hair. But I'm sure you paid a lot for them, so you want them to stay intact. Maybe you can use them as a dark, funky underlayer, or combine them with some blonde clips?

Good luck!
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 5:40pm
does anyone have any idea where I can find 30 inch long dark brown clip-in european hair extensions? Also any that come in wavy?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 5:52pm
Hi Amy,

30-inch human hair is really hard to find, especially if you're looking for decent quality. I've never seen any clip-ons that are nearly that long, although there's lots of 30-inch monofibre and with human hair the longest I've seen are the following (although you'd have to make them into clips):

30-inch Wigpro Italian from hairaddition.com:
http://www.hairaddition.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=H&Product_Code=WP-Italianstraight&Category_Code=

32-inch Silky straight by Wigpro (also hairaddition.com):
http://www.hairaddition.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=H&Product_Code=WP-OSW&Category_Code=HE

30-inch silky straight from hisandher.com: http://hisandher.com/store/shop_product.asp?main=MAIN_001&sub=SUB_002&pro=1

And my personal favorite, hisandher cuticle hair (which is a mere 28 inches): http://hisandher.com/store/shop_product.asp?main=MAIN_001&sub=SUB_015&pro=7

There may be some untreated Italian temple hair that's really long, too, but I've never ordered them.

I've searched high and low for superlong human hair, and the above links are basically all I could ever find. In my opinion, the first three aren't particularly good quality hair; the last one is quite high-quality, imo, although the price is considerably higher. That said, the first three may be perfectly fine for clip-ons.

Good luck!
heather0x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heather0x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 11:29am
Thanks for the advice Jenny! I hope someone over there can give me some help :)
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 11:37am
Heather,

I recommend you put away your black clip-ins until you want to use them again, and invest in a new set in the color you currently need. You can never have too much hair, you know.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 11:41am
Katherine's suggestion makes a lot of sense, imo.

Either way, Heather, good luck--please let us know how it works out!
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 11:44am
The thing you have to watch with clip ins is that the longer the hair, the heavier it will be and more stress on the clip in. You could get traction allopecia if the clip in pulls too much on your hair.

Em
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
heather0x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heather0x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 1:20pm
This Rick guy said that my black extensions will need the same process as my real hair did in order to be blonde again. That would cost about 100 bucks....so I'm better off spending the 100 on new extensions and using some black pieces in and maybe bleahing some of the black ones out and coloring them funky colors.I've been looking at this EBay auction. Is anyone famillar with this hair?

Edited by Administrator - July 02 2012 at 3:40pm
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 1:48pm
Well, I'm glad you got a response on goingblonde.net. Rick (the chemist) is the bomb, in my opinion; he always gives very sound advice.

The eBay clips look good to me, but I've never ordered from that vendor. Obviously, the feedback score is impressive, and they've been around for awhile. Since it's a UK vendor, you may want to post on Quinnster's to check (a lot of the posters there are British and have more experience with U.K. eBay stuff), but again, I think they're probably quite good.

:)
heather0x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heather0x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 3:29pm
great I'll post over there asap!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 9:10pm
His and Her hairgoods ( www.hisandher.com) usually sells 30" hair, but it's not european hair, it's Indian hair.

I did buy 30" blond real european hair from Extensions Plus for one of my clients. European hair is super expensive, but it's really nice, never tangles and usually lasts at least 2 years for most of my clients. The 30" blond hair I bought for my client was about $400 per ounce(!) and when I talked to them on the phone, they joked with me, saying I was ordering the most expensive hair on the planet!

You do need to have a cosmetology license on file with Extensions Plus to order from them.

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 9:36pm
Metalgirl,

Does Extensions Plus have a Web site; I assume you just order via catalog over the phone?

Thanks!
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 4:22am
Hi there, although Weave Queen's clip ins are ok, they are really really cheap european hair and you could not colour it or tong it much chick, I wouldn't bother to be honest xx
lynnabelone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynnabelone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 1:58am
Well, i was hoping to give you some thing for here, you know i have done some reserach on hair extension and it looks good to me cause they are only take some time but rest of your life will be happy......

http://www.linella.dk/
DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 3:55pm
I go out and about dancing all the time with clip-ins!

Here's a link to a tutorial on how to install them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By-yrKs43dU

bularmaqui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bularmaqui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2010 at 2:41pm
hello

Edited by Administrator - July 02 2012 at 3:40pm
vivianjin2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivianjin2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2011 at 4:29am
clip in hair extensions is the easiest way to apply. and all human hair extensions can be dyed. i ordered the clip ins from this website: www.hairextensionsale.com
remy hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote remy hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2011 at 3:51am
I like clip on hair extensions,it is much easier than other hair extensions,like glued in hair extensions.etc.Its "D-I-Y"system really cheer me up,i do not have to spend lots of time on wearing hair extension,it is great choice for me!About the fabric,i suggest you choose real hair extension,i can treat it just like my own hair,i love it!would you mind share with us the effect!

Edited by remy hair - April 28 2011 at 3:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic