Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"INVISIBLE WEAVING"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
luv4sandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv4sandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "INVISIBLE WEAVING"
    Posted: January 02 2005 at 9:00am
Hi ,

I just wanted to ask does anyone know how to do invisible weaving?? Invisible strands??? or can give instruction on how to do the method??

It's the hair extension system that Beyonce, Tyra, Janet , and Mary are wearing. It looks so natural. It's like hair is growing directly out of your scalp.

I have been searching for months for a site that will give step by step instructions on how to put them in and what is used to put them in. Well, the only web site I came close to was Agape Hair Weaving Studio.
http://www.agapecollection.com/technique.htm

But Agape don't give details on how to do the method. I would have to go to there salon and I could never afford traveling all the way to Texas. I live in Miami Florida. Also does anybody knows anyone in south Florida who does this method? or of any classes that will teach this method?

Please! Please! Please! I am so desperate on finding out how to do this technique of weaving can anyone help me ]
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 10:39am
OK, I think (and I emphasize "think") what you're talking about with "invisible weaving" is actually a strand by strand method also known as individual illusions, micro illusions, and micropoint links. (This is not to be confused with microlinks or microrings, which are something else entirely.) Somebody was asking about something similar yesterday, and this is what they were looking at: http://www.worldviewdesign.com/optimalhealthweightloss/optimal6.htm

If I'm correct, this is very expensive ($2000 and up in a salon), takes several days to complete, and is used a lot for hair replacement (as such, thousands of tiny strands are woven into your head individually). There are some supplies available on the public--the hair, the dental tape, and a video that sells for about $250 (ouch!). I think it can be learned, but would require a phenomenal amountof practive. Overall, I've read mixed reviews on it. I would suggest searching the Black Media Forum, Heralopecia (the boards are down right now, but should be back up soon), and Keratin.com. I remember seeing posts about this kind of technique there. In fact, one of the photos on your link is the same as one here:
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10316&KW=microillusions
Some of the good and the bad here:
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10803&KW=microillusions
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10344&KW=microillusions

Just for curiosity, what are you looking for exactly? What are you using now? Is your hair thinning, or do you just want to add length and a little volume?

nyc nicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyc nicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 7:21pm
Many times when you see Beyonce and Mary etc. they do not have hair extensions- they are wearing wigs. I know this because in an article in Essence magazine Mary is on the front cover with her hair looking fabulous and in the article she talks about her wig maker. The type of wig is called mesh front or lace front. It is also known as theater wigs. Ru Paul also wore these wigs. The front of the wig gives the appearance of hair coming from your scalp and usually looks incredible. Mary's wig maker is Tre Major. I went on his website and he is planning on releasing a line of wigs. I can not remember the website but if you put his name in your search bar it should come up. I did some investigating and these wigs cost a lot of money.
maliburum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maliburum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 8:47pm
Yes I went to http://www.worldviewdesign.com/optimalhealthweightloss/optimal6.htm and got some info. I also found the Agape.com website. I believe it's pretty much the same technique differences may be minor. I did a search like Jenny RR said on Black Media Forum and looked up micro-illusions. I think the $250 video is the same technique that is done by the others.

$2000 is a pretty hefty sum of money to come up with and the travel time alone is pretty rough.
I wouldn't mind getting the tape but I would like to try other less expensive options first.

Try doing a search on the micro-illusions and see what you come up with. Hope you find what you're looking for. Good luck
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 9:10pm
If you're looking for an easier, more affordable alternative to Microillusions, I would recommend Shrinkies. They're not the same as Microillusions at all, but you can attach Shrinks in small amounts to small amounts of your own hair and they've got a clear coating, so they're quite undectable. Of all the DIY options, I think they'd be your best bet.

There are many threads here that describe the process in more detail, and AMM has even provided pictures. You can buy Shrinks from Doc Locks and use whatever hair you like; it really doesn't matter. You'll need to pretip it, though (there are instructions on the site for that, too).

Good luck!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 9:14pm
Oh, yeah, and I have to agree with NYC Ricky: So much of the hair in photo shoots and on TV is wigs now. At a certain point, you can only do so much with extensions, but with wigs (especially lace-front ones), you can create phenomenal looks with no damage or commitment at all. (Of course, wearing them every day presents a lot of challenges, imo.)
luv4sandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv4sandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 8:23am
Hi Everyone :),

Thank you for the advise I really appreciate it. Well, I stayed up late last night reading most of the threads on micro illusions on blackhairmmedia.com and I realized people have a lot to say about it, but most of the people who know how to do the procedure they want to keep it a secret. They don't want to give to much details on how to do it.

From what I see the micro illusions look something like fusion's but its done much smaller and substance that is holding the hair together is clear, so that is what makes it undetectable. But the question I have is what type of glue is used?? I would love to use the glue Agape Studio is using but they said they can't sell it yet because they are getting some legal papers in the works before they can sell to the public. But I know there must be some other strong clear glue on the market that is similar to the glue Agape is using.

I also checked out that tape from Alegna hair that shows how to do the Micro Illusions. But that tape is going for almost $250!!! Someone on one of the other thread said that the tape is less then 10 min long. I am really curious to find out what's on the tape, but I really find it hard spend $250 on a tape that's less then 10min long. Plus from the demo picture on there site it looks like they start it off as if there doing micro braids.

Also I checked out Dr Locks Shrinkies. I see that when the shrinkies melt they look like the micro illusions you have to do them smaller. But the only thing I was wondering do the shrinkies come any smaller?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 8:37am
I think that's the only size for Shrinks, but they do shrink to size, so the width of the finished Shrink (after you apply it) will depend on how much hair you have in it. The length of the Shrink would remain the same, although I don't think you'd want it much shorter (it might not hold as well if you cut it down, for example). That said, Amm has more experience with Shrinks, so she may be able to shed some light on this.

Good luck!
AfroPuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroPuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 9:44am
I think you misunderstood those posts. There is no glue used with MicroIlusions. I don't know how to do it but I do know that no type of glue is used. A tiny braid is started and then the extension is added and some kind of a knot is created to hold it in place. Agape uses some kind of a sealer because they use 100% remy hair. Typically Remi hair isn't used in a technique like this because you have to fold the hair to get the braid started and when the hair is folded, the cuticles face different directions, and that causes tangling with remi hair, so Agape uses a sealer to seal down the opposing cuticles. You could use hair from Bohyme or Adorable where the cuticles are stripped and not have to use the sealer.
luv4sandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv4sandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 10:25am
So there is no glue used. Wow that's very interesting!!! from looking at all of the different pictures of micro illusion I thought glue was used. Guess I was wrong. Well I guess the only way to learn the technique is to fish out $250 bucks
luv4sandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv4sandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 12:40pm
I finally came across a thread where someone has seen the mico illusions technique done. Well, after reading though that I don't think I am really interested in it any more. I believe it's like super super tiny micros braids. I really don't think I would have the patients to put that in someone's head much less the thought of taking it out.

It was either the shrinkies or the micro illusions and I prefer the shrinkies better. The shrinkies don't take 3-5 days to put in your hair. Also I like the fact that the shrinkies are invisible. The only thing, I would put them in a little smaller.

The only question is once there put in can your natural hair be relaxed without the shrinkies falling out?
Patty9210 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty9210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 1:45pm
what do you mean by smaller, sandy? it sounds like the shrinklinks are as small a s you want them 2 be..
luv4sandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv4sandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 2:18pm
I was not talking about making the shrinkies smaller.
What I meant is that I would pull less natural hair though the shrinkie. Basically what I'm trying to say is I just want to make each complete shrinkie strand as small as I could make them.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 5:33pm
Sounds like a good idea. Please let us know how it works out.

Good luck!
luv4sandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv4sandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 8:23pm
Im going to order the supplies to do the shrinkies from doctored locks site to night. Im going to put them in my mothers hair probably in the next two weeks or something. When I finish I will take pictures and post them up.
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 4:59am
If you just shrink your shrinkie by itself on a straightening iron you will see the smallest it will go then you will know what the littlest amount of hair is you can use chick xx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic