Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New fiber Synth-my experiment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 5:39pm
Congratulations, Emma! Have you been curling it with the iron, letting it air-dry, or blow-drying it? :)
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 8:03pm
I washed it and blow dryed it with my drying brush last night, then this morning I put a light curl on the ends. I dont think my curling iron gets hot enough because I couldnt get the cork screw type curl they show on the package, just got a little wave, but it did great. Last night I only put it in a ponytail to sleep in, I usually braid my extensions at night but I wanted to see if it got really ratty overnight and it was fine this morning, no more ratty than my own hair LOL....

Em
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 8:14pm
Emma,

I haven't used synth yet, so I'm curious: Because it's fibre, rather than human hair, does it actually absorb the water when it's wet like human does?

I heard somewhere that the water sort of slips off the fibre because it's nonporous, which makes me think it would be quicker-drying than human, but I might be mistaken. Just wondering what you've observed....

Thanks for sharing all this info. :)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 10:18pm
I would think I was in heaven if I didnt have to spend forever blowdrying my hair! Im very curious about how the synthetic hair dries.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 5:55am
Again, I obviously don't know firsthand, but I was making that assumption based on this answer given by prblmchIld on Quinnster's:

Q: "Does anyone blow-dry synth hair every day, or would that completely destroy it in a matter of weeks/days?"
A: "Wouldn't recommend it, it would shorten the life of the hair.You don't need to blowdry it at all, its plastic, the water rolls right off and dries on its own rather quickly. I just blow out my own hair that is left out on top and dry the pinch-braids a little at the root so they don't get moldy. And I only blow out the ends if they get ratty."

Which makes me think it won't be such a pain to dry.
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 9:37am
The synth is always dry before my own hair is. Synth feels a bit straw like when its wet, thats something to get used to, but it softens right up when it dries. I showered again this morning. Did the usual routine and the hair is still looking fine. I cant get over there is no shedding. When I had human hair extensions the shedding was insane. Maybe thats the benefit of tipping your own hair.

Em
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 6:34pm
Yeah, I would imagine the tipping makes all the difference. Thanks for the info. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic