Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to extensions
    Posted: January 11 2005 at 2:31pm
WOW!!! Thank you Jenny-RR for the 101 basics. You are like an ambassador to the extension world! This has been a tremendous help. I''ve spent hours researching and haven''t come across anything as usefull as these links. I had considered trainind with GL, Cinderella, Eurolocs only because that was all I thought exsisted. However, I know realize it''s not as profitable to use these systems due to the high cost of hair. With that said...I am not knocking any of the above companies as I''m sure they are good for some.
Bridget...I too am licensed in Ohio and certification for extensions are not required. Although, certification (basically a piece of paper to hang on the wall) seems to make you more reputable and legit.
And Finally..... KIM LET IT GO!!!!! Obviously your the only person not benefiting from this site.
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 5:51pm
You're very welcome, Gina. If it saves you and your clients money and keeps you from using a potentially damaging method, believe me, I'm thrilled.

There's lots of good information here, people are very generous with their knowledge and support, and we're getting new members all the time. Everybody seems to have their own areas of expertise, which is wonderful because it takes a lot of people to figure out all of the methods, sellers, and terminology.

So welcome to the site--and please pipe up with your comments and questions. :)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 9:21pm
Gina E,

I was looking into taking a cource in March for $1500 - Hairlocs - but have since changed my mind. I know that a cert. is not necessary... but for my own good I'd like some hands on with someone that is trained and expierenced. Plus you can get referrals from the companies.
I am researching shrinkies... so far, compared to the many other methods out there, I must say I'm impressed.
Amm, Kristin,& Emma currently have shrinkies... Jenny is about to get them, so keep up with the site and you can read their testimonials.

It is what it is...
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 9:25pm
I actually do have some Shrinkies in already--just test strands, but they're working out well. So far, so good. :)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 9:33pm
Jenny, are you using synth with your shrinkies (congrats by the way)
I'm still waiting to see the real Jenny
It is what it is...
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 9:46pm
Bridget I hope this finds you.. otherwise I'll start new. Yeah, I'm with you on the whole certificate/legitamacy thing. But I don't want to get caught up in the "cult-like" taxing companies in which we all can assume who I am refrring to. I've been in contact with a very kind woman who been in the extension, weaving,etc. game for years. She will train at a location of your choice. One day course! Cost is very low and several techniques of your choice will be taught. So, to make a long story short...the class is a 4 student minimum... Maybe we could meet half way. Somewhere like Columbus. She requires 3 week notice.
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 9:47pm
Yeah I know I have typos...It's late and the Pinot Grigio is tasty!!!!!!!
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 9:49pm
My synth is on the way, but I haven't received my orders yet. Right now, all of my hair is still human (but not for long!). :)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 9:56pm
Gina, what company is the lady from? Can she offer continuing educational hours? ask her if she's heard of shrinkies. (sorry 4 all the ?'s)

cheers from my bud light....
It is what it is...
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 9:59pm
Jenny, good luck with the synth, everyone for that matter. I'm still on the fence... I hope it's a great long term alternative to human. I'm just skeptical I guess.... I've seen a lot of weaves and ponytails done with syth. and they look great for the first few days, maybe three weeks tops, and they look so fake after that point.
It is what it is...
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 10:11pm
True. Only time will tell, but it's certainly worth a try. I've actually had a lot of human hair that didn't look good after a few weeks, too, and it cost a whole lot more.

My honest opinion (and this is only my opinion), is that the human hair that's available at reasonable prices (i.e., $200 or less for a full head's worth) just isn't good hair, especially in the light colors. And this observation applies to even the respected brands, frankly. I think Bohyeme is probably the best of the reasonably priced human brands, and I don't even think that hair's anything to write home about. For me, it certainly doesn't last past a few months.

Again, just my opinion. :)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 10:18pm

True on the human hair as well. Will there ever be an answer?!!!

Maybe we should go darker... nahhh

It is what it is...
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 10:18pm
Bridget. I agree Ive seen lots of ponytails and weaves with cheap synthetic hair. And they do look fake and are crappy after a few washings, just like some human hair is crap. But the high qaulity synthetic are in a class of there own and are not even comparible to the cheap synthetic fiber. Just like Virgin hair and Remi cuticle cannot be compared to cheap quality human hair. Dome, Prostlyes, Hairpolice all are very reputable branded methods of application and are just as great reputationwise if not more reputable than some name branded human hair applications. A few months ago I wouldnt have even considered synthetic hair had I not been a member of Quinnsters board. The majority of gals(and guys) there use synthetic. And you dont hear any of the complaints with the high grade synthetics like you do with human hair! I definitely had to start researching it! Im about to take the big plunge!
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 10:34pm
sherrie, i'm totally in the dark I guess... Please keep me posted on what your out come is with the synth!
& I hope it's good, I'm starting to get excited!
It is what it is...
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 10:43pm
Bridget. Check out Dome and Prostyles websites. They do alot of natural looking synthetic hair extensions. And they look AMAZING. There is no way they would have such oustanding reputations if the hair turned crap and looked fake in a few weeks. I know the picture I used to have in my mind when I heard synthetic extensions was RED PURPLE BLUE PLASTIC HAIR! Not so true anymore!
http://www.domecosmetics.com/
http://www.prohair.us/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic