Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nature Girl and Bliss Hair? New Extension Site Too!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nature Girl and Bliss Hair? New Extension Site Too!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nature Girl and Bliss Hair? New Extension Site Too!
    Posted: January 24 2005 at 7:26pm
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/hairgroove/messages/501?viscount=100

I was searching around and found this site on hair extensions. On this site they talked about two types of hair that people seem to like. The first is Nature Girl http://www.naturegirl.net
and the other is Bliss Hair http://www.blissenterprisesonline.com One poster though complained about the Nature Hair because they did not send her hair but there where no other posts about it.

On this site was a lot of talk about the Bohyme extensions and how it is not very good hair. Have any of you girls ever heard about Nature Hair or Bliss? This hair stuff is getting more and more confusing everyday.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:09pm
Yeah, I've actually read a lot about these brands on the Black Hair Media Forum; there are threads and threads there about them. As I understand it, both companies sell pretty much unprocessed cuticle hair from India; the hair isn't dyed at all, although I believe it it may be permed to some extent. Overall, Bliss has gotten more consistently good reviews, while Nature Girl seems to be a little touch and go. (I think NG may be a little cheaper, though.)

As far as the comparison with Bohyme, I think it's safe to say that Bohyme has been more processed than these brands, and imo, Bohyme is not cuticle hair. These companies are also a lot more expensive than Bohyme. Usually, when the quality of various kinds of hair is described on BHM it's: BSS (beauty supply store, the lowest grade); lesser-quality human (like Sensationnel); mid-quality human (like Bohyme); and high-quality human (like Bliss and NG). That's the basic hierarchy. The prices of these brands also reflect that categorization. (You'll notice on the Bliss site, those prices are per ounce, so it's quite expensive.)

I think this type of hair makes sense for people who really want to invest in raw, cuticle hair that will last a long time. If you want anything in a lighter shade than black or in silky straight, though, you'd probably have to go through a lot to get this kind of hair to look the way you want, so it may not make much sense.

That's just my opinion, though, based on what I've read. I've never actually used either brand.

:)
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:12pm
Oh, and by the way. I've been a Hairgroove member for awhile, too, and there's some good info. on their boards (actually, I think every message posted comes to my in-box--LOL). But just a word of warning: There are a lot of advertisers on there posting as satisfied clients, so you have to take everything with a grain (or many grains) of salt. :)
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:17pm
Thanks so much Jenny. I was wondering why I could not find a color chart of this type of hair. Do you think it would be hard to color the Bliss hair to a Med. brown color which is mine? I am dissapointed with the Glamour Hair. To me it does not feel soft at all nor does it have shine. I washed one of the wefts a few times to try and get the wave out and each time I wash it gets drier and drier. I am just really sick of all of this. ALL I WANT IS GREAT HAIR!!! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!!! I was thinking since this is virgin hair it would not be hard to color to a Med. Brown.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:32pm
I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to do medium brown, but I would search the BHM forums just to make sure (it really is a wonderful source of information, especially when it comes to Indian hair brands).

I'm also not very knowledgable about color--at least in the brown/black part of the spectrum (being that I'm a bleached blonde)--so you may want to create a separate post about dying before you proceed. My only hesitation about buying those brands is that they're a big investment, so if you intend to dye it, you should be sure that you actually can do that beforehand.

Alternately, I think HisandHer cuticle hair is excellent--much higher quality, stronger, more durable, and less tangly than the other human-hair brands I've used. Quality-wise, I'd put it on par with Great Lengths hair (although I actually liked the hisandher better). Not surprisingly, though, it's also pricey: http://hisandher.com/store/shop_sub.asp?main=MAIN_001&sub=SUB_015

If you do consider purchasing the hisandher hair, get another recommendation from someone else, too, and/or samples. Again, I loved the batch I got, but sometimes hair can vary from batch to batch even within a brand, so you never really know what you're going to get. Which is, of course, totally infuriating.

Good luck! :)
fabulous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabulous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:00pm
Hi

I currently wear Bliss hair. I love the hair I've had it in since August and have reused it. I ordered 7ounces of the coarse wavy. I have since ordered 2 more ounces as a back up. My stylist is in love with the hair. I ordered the machine weft and I wear a full head weave. This is the best hair I have ever purchased. I have for years used Beauty Supply hair, but the hair just tangle, shedds or matts in the back. This hair is just the opposite. It's expensive but I look at as an investment. I hope this helps.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:05pm
Hi Fabulous,

Welcome to the boards. It's great to hear from someone who's acutally used the brand. Again, I always read wonderful reviews of Bliss on BHM so I'm not suprised to hear you like it, too.

Do you know if Kim would be able to dye it to a medium brown?

fabulous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabulous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:14pm
Thanks Jenny RR for the welcome. I don't know about coloring the hair. I have read informatiion on Black Hair Media regarding this topic. I currently wear a 1B, I'm planning to color the hair in the summer. But I really can't response on the coloring advice.
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:19pm
Hi Fabulous Thanks so much for your reply. I am very interested if this hair could be dyed. My natural hair color is dark brown.

IMO I really do not think the hair is much more than the bohyme I bought which cost me around $200.00 and the bliss will cost $240.00 in the hand tied.
fabulous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabulous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:28pm
Your welcome Kimbearly.

When I mention dyeing the hair for the summer to my stylist she just said ok, so I don't think it would be a problem. You might want to call Bliss and see what they say.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:39pm
Whoa, Kim. You paid $200 for Bohyme? Where did you get it from? (I assume you got like 4 oz.) :)
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:59pm
Sorry Jen, It was Glamour not Bohyme, but Bohyme 4oz runs about $160.00 I believe. I am willing to pay even $100.00 more if it will be beautiful on my head, shiny with no tangles and last longer.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 10:01pm
Yeah. I hear you. I think ebonyline offers Bohyme cheaper than that though, depending on color and length.

That's too bad about the glamourhair. I've heard good things about their silky straight, but the wavy textures seem a bit touch and go.

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 7:40pm
Hi Everyone! I've bought hair both from HisnHers(many times) and NatureGirl (once). I live in SoCal so I go to HisnHers and pick the hair out right there, and even doing that it's been hit and miss. Only once did I buy expensive cuticle hair and have it be fabulous - and it was. But many times I've bought the same texture and color cuticle hair only to have it dry out, mat and tangle just like the cheaper stuff. So you never know.
I bought from NatureGirl this year after reading about it on this board, and I have to say I was very disappointed. I ordered 4 wefts of wavy 2A texture, which was supposed to be very fine with a soft wave. It turned out to be coarser and WAY curlier than I was led to believe. I had it sewn in on a track and it looked like a frizz ball - my hair is fine and straight. I took it out immediately. $160 down the tubes.
Haven't tried Bliss. I hope you girls who bought their hair have good luck.
I'm really entertaining the idea of going synthetic. Some of it is amazingly beautiful and much better looking that than funky BSS hair, or even some of the expensive hair I've bought!
Hair. Not just a job; it's an adventure.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 7:54pm
Welcome, Syren!

I completely agree with you about the human-hair thing; it feels like a total crapshoot--you never know what you're going to get. Not to mention the fact that it's pricey.

A bunch of us here are trying out various synth brands, including Dome, ProStyles, PlastikHaar, and Freetress, and with some luck, it'll go well.

Do you have any specific synth in mind?

Again, welcome! :)
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 11:31pm
Thanks, JennyRR! Did anyone ever tell you you look just like Debbie Harry?! LOL!
Actually, I recently bought some synth on eBay thinking I couldn't go wrong for 15 bucks, and I was SHOCKED at how natural it looked! Since then, I've read pretty much everything on this site about synth so I know you gals are checking it out as well. I looked at Plastikhaar's site today and am a bit overwhelmed with the color selection - I'm a silky straight dark brown 4 with 33 auburn interspersed but have no clue as to what that would translate into. Color ring is too pricey for a non-pro DYI such as myself. I am interested in their product but am going to look around locally as well.
I see Hairpiece has a silkier-than-Kanekalon version for $10...I'm thinking of getting some of that for comparison.
I'm SOOOO glad to have found you gals and have enjoyed reading the posts! I'm taking in all suggestions and will be sure to post my findings as well.
Best regards to all - Syren
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 5:19am
That sounds great. Please let us know how the Hairpiece synth works out.

PH's colors are overwhelming, and it's hard to tell what's what because of the computer display. If you need color advice, Sara at Plastikhaar is very helpful (I emailed her several times before I ordered mine), and there have been lots of discussions about the actual colors on Quinn's too:
http://p080.ezboard.com/fhair18356frm6

Again, welcome!

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 6:10am
Hi Syren. I hope my Bliss hair is the hair of my
deams (don't we all). I love your quote about hair, "Not just a job; it's an adventure". Welcome to the board
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic