Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Halos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Halos
    Posted: January 29 2005 at 1:28am
Ok, so this idea has me intrigued...

http://www.ultimatelooks.com/flawlesshairpieces/extravaganzaflaw.htm

I looked on ebay to see if I could find it cheaper and I ran across one that used fishing line to connect the piece. Sorry didnt save the link.

Anyway it got me to thinking. So I took some left over synth weft, roughly measured it from temple to temple, sewed some 6-lb fishing line to connect the ends together and put it on. I brushed my hair out around the weft and Ill be darned if it didnt work great!!!

The 6-lb fishing line is so thin you cant see it through my thin hair on top and I combed right through my hair and it didnt comb it off. I noticed in the description for the hair halo that is has 3 layers of wefts in the back for fullness. Tomorrow Im going to Walmart to see if I can find some type of lace and see if I can add more layers to the back. Im thinking it will also need a couple of wig clips as it didnt feel very secure just sitting on my head and with the added weight of the extra layers I think wig clips would be a necessity.

I like the idea that its just one piece and not numerous clip ins and tho Ive had difficulty with clip ins because my hair is thin, I think I can get 2 or 3 to work ok.

Im pretty excited about this idea. I wish I had a better camara to take pics with but I will try to get some pics taken.

SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic