Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Synth hair that curls & looks like human. I HAVE FOUND IT!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Synth hair that curls & looks like human. I HAVE FOUND IT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 8:39pm
STS, I think that's it. Was it about $14.99 or so for a weft? I just know it's in the sale ad.

Sherrie, I wasn't too sure about this lady at Sally's (I don' t know where my usual friendly salespeople were). She was apparently going to do extension for a customer, but she was telling the customer to buy the regular kanekalon wefts! This girl had wavy hair!! The girl was disappointed when she was told that you can't curl the cheap synth, but I suggested the thermofiber. The lady who was going to do the extensions (I'm betting a weave track) couldn't even get the thermofiber out for her weave customer? I don't get it.
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 8:27pm
Hey sherrie, I just my ebony line order in today too. The package is the same as yours except I got the Kanekalon in Romance Curl.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by leia1979 leia1979 wrote:

I looked for the thermafiber that Sally's is supposed to get today. The manager said it was in, but won't go on the shelves until next week. Boo.

what is the brand name you are referring to?? I just picked some up with the name sassy's that is effing awesome, but I am new to hair, so I don't know how this holds up to long term care hair...but it too is labeled thermafiber. And claims to be able to be curled.

If you want, if this may be it, I can curl it and wash it and let y'all know.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 7:54pm
You'd think, if they had a customer who was interested they would have 'at least' gotten it out for you to look at!
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 7:47pm
I looked for the thermafiber that Sally's is supposed to get today. The manager said it was in, but won't go on the shelves until next week. Boo.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 7:13pm
I just got the package today from ebonyline. Its the thermal synthetic that weve been chatting about
http://www.ebonyline.com/goyabubrha.html

This stuff looks amazing. It is really soft, and pretty. And not even shiney. It has way less sheen than the freetress. I dont think that PH is too shiney either and this stuff is 'duller' in appearance than the PH. This is definitely difficult to tell from human hair.

The labeling on the package says "Amour' Hair Collection. New Age Fiber. And on the back of the package is the name Chade Fashions Inc.

Will try to get some pictures of it tomorrow. My daughter is gone and wont be home til late and she has the camera.

I am eager to do some playing around with this hair. It is sooooo pretty!
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 9:52am
Hiya Amm,

You must have gotten my psychic message last night. . .I was laying in bed thinking about hair (as usual), and I remembered that you started this thread discussing WaWa and showing how incredible it is to work with.

We've all been so crazed by Plastik that I forgot to ask how it was holding up. I've got quite a bit of it on order but I don't know what the hold up is. I'm gonna call Hair Sisters today and find out where it is!! I am planning on doing a good deal of it in my hair.

THANKS AGAIN for posting the update!!

FinaFina

Edit later: Just spoke to Hair Sisters. Apparently they don't stock the blondes at their site in California; he said it had to be shipped "directly from New York". I'm hoping they have it there. Will advise.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2005 at 11:45pm
I didn't want to hijack another thread so I'll put the answer to the WaWa here.

Yep, I am still wearing about a half dozen. The only way to truly evaluate them is to wear a whole head so take this with a grain of salt.

I am amazed at how nicely this blends with human hair. Because you can blow dry and curl it, I don't have to worry about it getting wrapped up in the iron when I touch up my hair. It also holds a nice wave after a night sleeping in braids.

I have another batch on order and I'll be putting more in. I'm THAT pleased with it so far. I know there's a body wave out there and I wish I could try that but it's too short.

A big barrel curling iron does not work well with this hair - it will straighten the hair right out. Standard size isn't the best either. A small barrel is a must and the hair needs a light misting with water and then curl it. Works like a charm.

When you wash the hair, it holds the curl that is currently in. It remains completely soft without any straw-like feel and it's feather light when wet, drying way faster than human hair. No special products have been needed other than what I use on human hair.

The hair is layered and you notice that after washing and curling. To me that's a non-issue when I'm dealing with a synthetic this nice at around $10 for 4 oz.

So far so good. It'll be interesting to try a full head of it. If it lasts at least 3 months without a considerable hassle, then I'd consider this hair a totally great deal.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 10:16am
glue is wonderful for temporary extensions (for me at least, I take all the time in the world to remove it properly):)

I would glue them in for a temporary look, or braid hair in for a longer lasting look.

This is actually my first time with shrinkies, and I think Im in love
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 6:40am
Hey Beauty Queens!

We *have* a beauty queen for real amongst us!!

OK Missy, if you've been able to have glued-in tracks and have your hair look *that* awesome, MORE power to ya!!

My experience with the glue-ins was sheer, complete, total, unadulterated, DISASTER. Just did not work, fell out, etc. My other various extensions experience prior to Great Lengths were just as bad.

I've been a GL addict for 3 years and essentially can't afford it anymore. If you read the boards I think it's clear that you *CAN* and *SHOULD* be able to get absolutely ROCKIN', HEAD-TURNIN', PEE-YOUR-PANTS, FALL-ON-THE-FLOOR, DROP DEAD GAWGEAOUS hair for about $500. See Jenny's Cyber-parlor show-off thread (I think you have seen it).

The trick is getting the right hair, the right attachment method, and the right person to do it. (Gee, could I be any more *obvious*?)

So that's, I think, one of the reasons we're here, is to support each other and find the right solutions.

I was very spoiled with GL hair since the quality is so fine -- but the price is SO high. I believe I can get hair nearly as good, pre-tip it myself, and as long as it's attached properly, have an awesome result. I like my hair to last about 8 weeks.

I've contacted several different stylists here in Dallas -- I'm checking with local "braiding" experts, something called "Agape" studio, and I'll see where that takes me.

I will let you know what I find -- thanks for the post and I look forward to hearing more about your adventures!!

FinaFina
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 1:32am
Its so great seeing everyones real pic icons. As soon as I get my extensions in (providing they dont look like sh*t..lol) Ill redo my pic.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2005 at 6:13pm
Good luck on the pageant, Christi! That's so exciting!

Pageant contestants, uber-stylists, DIY divas, hottie dancers...yeah, this board rocks! :)
Christi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2005 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by FinaFina FinaFina wrote:

Hey Christi
Where do you have your hair done? ? I'm in Dallas and lookin' for some help!!

Fina

Hey Fina!

It's great to "see" someone so close to me! I'm only about 4 hours from Dallas. My best friend lives in Lewisville..she is originally from Plano. Anyway, I get my hair done by a lady in Tulsa. I just get tracts glued in (I buy the hair, and she glues them in and then razor cuts, blends, etc. the hair). She only charges me $80, and my hair costs about $35 for a bag of 16-18" hair (that's as long as I can get it at this particular store). To be honest, I had no earthly idea that there were so many differents ways to install extensions, so many different types of hair, etc. The hair I use is human hair, and it seems to be okay as far as the quality...especially since I usually only wear the extensions for about 2 weeks at a time. I've been looking for a "longer-term" extension lately though..that's how I found this board. I actually have an appt. to have the fusion extensions done this week. I have two BIG events coming up, and I need to hair to look good and last for those (one is Feb. 26th, and the other is March 4th). I just can't afford to spend a ton of $$$ though. I called probably 50-75 different places in the Tulsa and Oklahoma City areas...the cheapest for the fusion-type extensions I found was $500, and the most expensive was about $1200. This includes the hair. I'm a bit skeptical about the girl that is only charging $500, just because I've been told that she is either not going to use enough hair, or she is really not making any money on them herself. I've called her several times though, and I'm going in first for a consultation so I can see her before and after pics of the girls she's done recently, etc. BUT...I did talk to a good friend of mine last night online that said she has a lady that will do mine for no more than $300 (she is in Oklahoma City). The reason she will do them so inexpensively is because the first "event" I'm doing is the 'Mrs. Oklahoma United States' pageant (yes, it's okay to laugh at me! haha!), and this particular lady has done several of the past queens, including the director of the pageant itself. So I guess she gives a "discount" for pageant contestants. I have no idea which method she uses, what type of hair, etc. though. I guess as long as she knows how to do "pageant hair", then I'm good to go. I'll definitely let you know what I find out about this lady. Also, I can probably give you info. on just about any salon in Oklahoma at this point...as far as their rates, what method they use, the hair they "claim" to use, etc...just from calling around so much. As I've mentioned before though, I really want my husband to learn to put them in for me...he has had to glue my tracts in before, and he did just as good of a job as the lady that normally does my hair. He just can't cut it afterwards! haha! He's as "vain" as I am, so he doesn't have a problem messing with my hair. Anyway, didn't mean for this to turn into a novel....do you have extensions in now? If so, who does yours, what kind do you have, etc.? I need all the help/info. I can get!!! After reading this board for the past several days, I guess I'm really lucky that I haven't really damaged my hair with my glued-in tracts. She uses LG, and I've been pretty rough with them as far as taking them out myself, etc.

I look forward to getting to know you better (and everyone else here, for that matter! Everyone is so friendly and full of awesome info!)!
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2005 at 5:01pm
She really rocks. . .or maybe it's a coincidence. . .I sent her a long email this morning talking about this thread and our general fascination with synth hair and I asked her for a translation. So we're either psychically connected or she just posted it directly!! Awesome in either case! Fina
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2005 at 3:15pm
i love plastikhaar
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2005 at 1:30pm
Fina, Sara just posted this, maybe it will help you.
i love plastikhaar
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2005 at 1:27pm
Hey Christi
Where do you have your hair done? ? I'm in Dallas and lookin' for some help!!

Fina
Christi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Jenny_RR Jenny_RR wrote:

I'm liking it so far, Sher...but I left it superlong...I feel like Victoria Gotti or something--LOL! :)

Jenny,

Hey girl, I'm new here, but have read so much over the past two days that I feel like I know you already! LOL! I just have to say, I am SOOOO excited to see your hair!!!! Also, I would leave it long too...I LOVE Victoria Gotti (having 3 boys myself..although they are little guys still...I can relate to her a LOT, and I can only hope and pray I look as good as her once my boys are grown! I have 2 girls too...they are the one's that will make me old before my time, that's for sure!). Ok, enough rambling....I'm waiting, waiting on pictures, girl!!!!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Jenny_RR Jenny_RR wrote:

Just setting up my photobucket now....

It took about 3 hours and 3 1/2 to 4 bags, I'd say. Isaac is fast like the wind....

:)

I love Isaac and I don't even know him. From reading this board from the beginning, I've always loved his posts cuz they're so informational coming from a pro. Can't wait to see his work on Jenny.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 6:53pm
FinaFina please post it here in the public forum so the rest of us can learn what the color translation is too! LOL. I bookmark all the posts about the PH color comparsions for my own reference LOL!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic