Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Synth hair that curls & looks like human. I HAVE FOUND IT!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Synth hair that curls & looks like human. I HAVE FOUND IT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 5:15pm
Oh, that's georgeous! Did you pick it up at a beauty-supply store or order it online?

How does it compare to PlastikHaar in look and feel?

I've heard the Thermofibre is thinner than monofiber. Does it seem thinner than PH?

Do you know how many available lengths and colors they offer?

:)

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 4:59pm
Rae - I believe it is. The hair tag has a big bold NEW! ADVANCED FIBER! on it.

I am so not kidding. I am going to have to store this separately from my human hair because I cannot tell the difference. Well, actually I can - it's better looking!

I do not know the brand name. Why is it sellers are so protective of this? I guess they don't want us tracking down the source. Regardless - I have. It comes from China from UNIKO TRADING INC. I am trying to locate the company and send an email off to them. This is my lead so far -- http://www.alibaba.com/company/10088243.html

The hair I got was 22" auburn color, 2 bulk units for a total of 4 oz. It has an amazing, fine thread woven in the top that helps secure the hair.

This is by no means a weft, it just helps the hair stay put while you pull it off to make strands. Has anyone seen this before??? You still have to take care getting the hair out but it eliminates the need for a mat or board.

Are you ready for the price? Under $10 for 4 oz. You may now all pick your jaws up off the floor.

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 4:36pm
Huh. So is that one of the new thermofiber products?

-Rae
synthhappy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote synthhappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 4:26pm
what kind is it?
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 4:13pm
nice!

Keep us posted on how it wears
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 3:53pm
Amm, that hair looks awesome! I haven't tried the synthetic hair yet so i guess I'm just waiting till I hear what is the best from all of you ladies...

Definately let us know how it holds up after a few washes.

btw, how much did it cost?
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 3:43pm
I have to tell you ladies, this synth hair is stunning. I have no idea how it will hold up over time. I have no idea if it'll last one week or 3 months. My feeling about hair is that the majority of it looks good right out of the package but it quickly can change into something horrific after the very first wash.

With that said. Let me say that I did not believe this hair could be so straight and curl so well. The photo below is done with a regular high heat curling iron. The hair just needs a spritz of water or wet your hand and run it down the strand before curling. It just springs, ladies! The curl is as much as you want it to be - tight or loose. The ends are not kinky or ratted up in any way.

I washed the part that I curled with shampoo and conditioner and the curl is still there. It is like totally set and looks exactly the same. I can run my fingers through the strand all the way through to the bottom and it does not catch at all. There is no roughness or kink.

Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor. This is some of the most awesome synth hair I've seen.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic