Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Synth hair that curls & looks like human. I HAVE FOUND IT!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Synth hair that curls & looks like human. I HAVE FOUND IT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 9:52am
Hiya Amm,

You must have gotten my psychic message last night. . .I was laying in bed thinking about hair (as usual), and I remembered that you started this thread discussing WaWa and showing how incredible it is to work with.

We've all been so crazed by Plastik that I forgot to ask how it was holding up. I've got quite a bit of it on order but I don't know what the hold up is. I'm gonna call Hair Sisters today and find out where it is!! I am planning on doing a good deal of it in my hair.

THANKS AGAIN for posting the update!!

FinaFina

Edit later: Just spoke to Hair Sisters. Apparently they don't stock the blondes at their site in California; he said it had to be shipped "directly from New York". I'm hoping they have it there. Will advise.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 7:13pm
I just got the package today from ebonyline. Its the thermal synthetic that weve been chatting about
http://www.ebonyline.com/goyabubrha.html

This stuff looks amazing. It is really soft, and pretty. And not even shiney. It has way less sheen than the freetress. I dont think that PH is too shiney either and this stuff is 'duller' in appearance than the PH. This is definitely difficult to tell from human hair.

The labeling on the package says "Amour' Hair Collection. New Age Fiber. And on the back of the package is the name Chade Fashions Inc.

Will try to get some pictures of it tomorrow. My daughter is gone and wont be home til late and she has the camera.

I am eager to do some playing around with this hair. It is sooooo pretty!
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 7:47pm
I looked for the thermafiber that Sally's is supposed to get today. The manager said it was in, but won't go on the shelves until next week. Boo.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 7:54pm
You'd think, if they had a customer who was interested they would have 'at least' gotten it out for you to look at!
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by leia1979 leia1979 wrote:

I looked for the thermafiber that Sally's is supposed to get today. The manager said it was in, but won't go on the shelves until next week. Boo.

what is the brand name you are referring to?? I just picked some up with the name sassy's that is effing awesome, but I am new to hair, so I don't know how this holds up to long term care hair...but it too is labeled thermafiber. And claims to be able to be curled.

If you want, if this may be it, I can curl it and wash it and let y'all know.
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 8:27pm
Hey sherrie, I just my ebony line order in today too. The package is the same as yours except I got the Kanekalon in Romance Curl.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 8:39pm
STS, I think that's it. Was it about $14.99 or so for a weft? I just know it's in the sale ad.

Sherrie, I wasn't too sure about this lady at Sally's (I don' t know where my usual friendly salespeople were). She was apparently going to do extension for a customer, but she was telling the customer to buy the regular kanekalon wefts! This girl had wavy hair!! The girl was disappointed when she was told that you can't curl the cheap synth, but I suggested the thermofiber. The lady who was going to do the extensions (I'm betting a weave track) couldn't even get the thermofiber out for her weave customer? I don't get it.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 9:10pm
Leia thats some pretty sad customer service! My Sallys is awesome for color products/advice/help. Ive never had a problem with them in that way. But they carry very little extension/weaving products and look at me clueless when I ask them about anything to do with extensions! They have the products on the shelf but dont have the first clue about them! Also I remember when I was looking for that velvet curling iron (that you were so helpful with Leia!), they told me they had never heard of such a thing! LOL
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 9:17pm
Hey girls,

What's the longest thermofiber you've seen--the 22" from ebonyline?

:)
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 9:30pm
yes it is the longest Ive seen....that I can think of!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 9:35pm
Oh Im telling you.... this ebonyline stuff looks so much like human hair that I could easily get it mixed up! Not one of the other synthetics look this close to human, that Ive seen so far. This stuff does not have the synthetic shine. But I dont mind the PH slight shine. At least the colors I have in PH seem ore matte than some synthetic that Ive seen.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 10:12pm
Just to correct my post Jenny about the longest thermofiber Ive seen.

American Dream has Thermofiber on wefts or in bulk in 18 different shades in ALOT of blonde shades ( 6 or 7 shades of blonde alone.)

You can get it in 4 different textures. Some wefted, some bulk. Some dyeable, some not.

Wefted- Dyeing:
18 in 100 grams $18.83
36 in 200 grams $37.68
60 in 400 grams $62.11

Bulk- Non Dyeing:
18 in 112 grams $16.87
20 in 112 grams $20.64

Although AD is in London and Im not sure about therir shipping charges to US etc....
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 10:19pm
Hmmm...good to know. Do you just email them for the catalog? :)
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 10:23pm
Yeah Jenny. I think I had my catalog about 1 & 1/2 week after I emailed them.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 10:54pm
Hey Amm!!!! Glad to here the WA WA is still good stuff! I know this thread got OT. I'd asked around in other threads-Thanks for keeping me posted!
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 4:55am
I got their catalogue if you want me to send it to you Jenny x
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 5:37am
Thanks, Amanda. I acutally just emailed them for it, though. Have you used any of the AD synth? :)
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 5:51am
No I was thinking of getting the human hair from them but then heard it wasn't very good x
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 8:15am
Originally posted by leia1979 leia1979 wrote:

STS, I think that's it. Was it about $14.99 or so for a weft? I just know it's in the sale ad.

Yup. thats it! someone said it sucks, so i may just put it on clips so it isn't a hair I wear every day, so it can last a while without washing
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 11:45am
Hey Sherrie -

We've been chatting about a few kinds of "thermal" fibers--I think anyway--

Is the ebonyonline stuff you just got curlable with a regular curling iron? Do you plan on putting some in ?

I'm bummed my WaWa won't be here until the 22nd! At that rate it looks like my PH will be here first! But I'm worried about not having enough wave in the PH (which you had thought was a problem since you don't like yours straight -- I don't like mine straight either cuz it doesn't blend with my hair which has a slight wave.)

Thanks! From the soap-opera lady,
Fina
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic