Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Synth Monofiber Report: What We Know So Far....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Synth Monofiber Report: What We Know So Far....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Synth Monofiber Report: What We Know So Far....
    Posted: March 06 2005 at 2:33pm
This is to recap our monofiber experiences thus far(and please bear with me--I've been having some problems uploading images lately). I'm sure there are a lot of factors (length, amount of layering, care) that affect the texture, beyond just time and washing. Nevertheless:

Before Installation
PlastikHaar 50mm:

PlastikHaar 28mm:

Dome Classic:

When Installed
PlastikHaar 50mm:

PlastikHaar 50mm/Dome Classic Combos (Note: Red hair in first pic is PH Straight, not 50mm; in second, it's 50mm):

PlastikHaar 28mm:

After Install
Dome Classic/PH 50mm After 1 Wash:

Dome Classic/PH 50mm After 3 Washes and Blow-Dry:

PH 28mm After 6 Washes and a Little Curling Iron Use:

Again, this isn't exactly scientific--other synth wearers might want to weigh in.

:)

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 3:49pm
Well that sums it up!! Thanks Jenny!

I just love Fina's hair in that one picture when it's super long! (before the cut)

It is what it is...
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 6:15pm
Me too! It's superhot! :)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 8:42pm
I love it too and Im thinking it is soooooo....ME!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 9:30pm
I am absolutely speechless which for me is nearly unheard of. Jenny, that is a great summation!

I wonder...is there a place on this Hair Talk board where we can permanently display some of these pictures - all the synth pix, the synth installs like Jenny's, Fina's and Kalika's, AMM's famous mane, Rose's fiery red head, other really good pictures of complete installations using both human and synth that some of the girls have posted, before and afters, things like that. I know Quinnster's has a whole show off area and it's so huge you can't even see them all! It would be too bad to have a great thread like this one be lost in the bowels of the board after a couple of weeks, know what I mean?
Just an idea.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 9:38pm
Quinns board has a 'Very Best Of' category for the shows offs that are stand outs. But unfortunately this board isnt set up with the different catergories and topics. It would be nice to have everything as organized as the Quinn board!
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 11:44pm
Jenny_RR you're so awesome for keeping on top of all this for us!!!
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 8:23am
what about another magnet?
It is what it is...
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Bridget Bridget wrote:

what about another magnet?
Someone could just email karen and ask. Ask her to make a "showoff" sticky, and leave it open, don't lock it like the others' are up there.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 6:15pm
Yeah, I think it would be best to make a separate thread (not this one) specifically for Show-Offs, so everyone can add their pics to it. Maybe we can call it "Show-Off Archive" or something.

I actually think it would be best if people don't have the ability to chat on that "master" thread. If they can, it'll become chaos--it's probably best if people continue to create their own threads to show off their hair initially and answer everyone's questions. Then the show-off thread can have an explanation up top that it's only for pictures, not Q&A. Perhaps everone can preface their photos with a few basic pieces of info (sort of like a form), that includes, say, 1) Method used, 2) Hair Used (including amounts, lengths, and colors), 3) Salon or DIY, 4) Total Cost, and 5) Time It Took to Install.

What do you think--would that be helpful? I don't want to suggest that people not chat, but we all have so many questions when someone does a new install that it might be best if we had a single thread just for pics/basic info. and continued to do the Q&A on the individual threads.

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 6:59pm
I think its a great idea Jenny, but Im afraid that it would be hard to keeping us chatty gals from chatting and commenting and then the thread would just get totally cluttered up! I think that the the 'very best of' on Quinns board is locked so that dont happen. Then of course the normal shows offs and chit chat takes place in the 'show off' section. I really wish they would give someone that frequents this board moderator priveleges....all the other boards have them, even several moderators!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 7:07pm
Well, maybe there's another option, then. Perhaps our group can create a live journal or collective photo album or something that we can link to from this site? We could create a magnet/locked thread here that just contains the link, and then visitors could go there to check out the hair. If they have questions, they can return and post them here in the standard fashion.

Now, with sites like photobucket or shutterfly, could we just create a group album and post the album link, or do we have to send invites or indivdual URLs? And do those sites give us the space to list a few basics: name, method, etc.? I imagine there's a site that would give us these capabilities, I just don't know which.....

Anyone?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 7:12pm
We can probably still create a "show off" magnet here, we will just have to rely on emailing Karen Shelton or Dave Decker everytime something needs added. Would probably be the simpliest way...I guess I just dont understand why we dont have mods that frequent the board. And what would be the harm in giving a few people the priveledge of being able to help make this board more fuctional!

Edited to add....It may be helpful to have two separate "show off" magnets...One for human and one for synthetic. What do ya think?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 7:18pm
Yeah, let's keep it here. It's probably the simplest way.

I don't know about the synth/human division. Where would we put AMM, then? Hehe. But you're right: It might be a bit cumbersome putting them all in one thread, though.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 7:23pm
hehehe...your right! What the heck would we do with Amm? LOL

I was just thinking that it would be easier and less confusing if synthetic and human each had their own magnet. And that for those that are inspired by a particular type, whether human or synthetic it would be easier for comparisons, texture references...etc... etc....
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 7:37pm
Sounds good to me. :)

We'll just have to post AMM in both, then! LOL.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 10:19pm
Interestingly enough, that's a question I'm frequently met with.
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 7:20am
I think that's a great idea... synth/human split.
Or like Jenny said, have a description of your hair, cost, method used, salon/DIY'ers ect... So we don't get cluttered w/questions and going back and forth.
Yeay... getting excited!
It is what it is...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic