Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gina’s Pretipping On The Weft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gina’s Pretipping On The Weft
    Posted: March 06 2005 at 11:40pm
Yeah!!! Here are pics of my Keratin weft method...
inspired by Bridget's latex technique!!!!!!!!
These are the tool I used:
Hot pot, X10 keratin glue, waxing stick(you can by these at Sallys) and Docs heat wand.
[ ]
Apply the keratin in an upward motion on weft while holding ends taught. Press into hair with fingers or back of comb. It's OK if it's not perfect. Once it's reheated it all works out!
[ ]
Next, cut sections which will become the tips. I found you loose less hair if you keep hair on weft untill your ready to work with the individual tip.Snip the weft off tip and rehaet with heat wand. Roll and form to appropriate size.(The pre cut sections are not shown)
[ ]
Here are my tips... I wanted to show actual size
[ ]
This shows the loose hair from the cut weft. Just clean the wand as you go!
[ ]

Whew!!! Hope that all makes since!!!
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 11:46pm
Great job Gina! I must say everyone has been very creative lately coming up with new great ideas! BRAVO!!!!

Do you mind if I put up some of your pix on HairCandy in the tutorial section?

Once again, great job!!!
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 11:57pm
(edit)

hehe... problem solved
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 6:22am
Great pics, Gina!

So you've spread a layer of glue (I assume Liquid Gold?) over the weft, then left it to set. And then you've spliced off individual sections, heated them, then rolled?

I wonder if this technique could be adapted for bulk hair.....

:)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 8:01am
BRAVO GINA!!!!

How long did it take you to do that pile of pretipps?

It is what it is...
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 9:07am
Jenny...
It's keratin, I'm not sure about bulk?Never worked withit.
Bridget...
Not long at all, maybe an hour? I think you could get it done pretty quick...Just spread on the keratin,
cut your sections/tips on weft,cut the weft off the individual tip,use your heat tool...And youre off!!!!!!!

I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 2:52pm
Do we have the smartest ladies here or what???
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 3:37pm
man those are much smaller than mine. think I am doin em too big.

blech pretipping sucks. Sherrie, I will def go in with you next time on that pretipped human hair lol 3 days and only 50 strands later..........
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 12:51am
Squeeze...
This is a really quick method!!!!
I'm sure you could use this technique for whichever adhesive you fancy!!
What adhesive are you working with?
I wasn't much a fan of LG bc its messy and my lid clogged up constantly...
I know alot of gals here use it and seem to like it. To each their own...I guess it's a matter of what works best for you!
My tips are so small because I'm sizing them for the medium tubes.
And Thanks Emma... don't give up yet. Try the tubes IMO their more forgiving than the shrinkies!
Thanks all!!!!!
Gina
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 6:00am
Ive made pretips with keratin & bulk too. Its pretty quick. I just dip and roll. The glue sets up pretty quick. The tip tends to have a bit more glue than necessary so after I dip and roll a bunch, I start over and re-heat each tip with the heat wand to squeeze out the extra glue and then roll into a nice uniform tip. . Since it sets so fast the extra step of he-heating with the wand isnt a big deal. It really goes quite quick!
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 7:20am

Exactly Sherrie!!!!
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic