Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!!! HUGE KNOTS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
krs523 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krs523 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!!! HUGE KNOTS!!!
    Posted: March 12 2005 at 3:43pm
I had my 20" extensions from hairpiece.com installed on Monday via the microring method. I washed the extensions for the first time today and now the ends are seriously tangled into a HUGE knot! I put tons of conditioner on the ends in the shower and that did not help. I had noticed they were getting more tangled the last couple of days.

So, my question is....is there anything...anything at all...that I can do to get this tangled mess untangled or am I just going to need to take them out? I know I got a bad batch of hair and just don't know if there's a way to salvage it.

Kate
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 3:57pm
Yikes, Kate! That's terrible.

I assuming you're detangling twice a day, brushing from ends to roots, and sleeping with it in a braid or bun? To get serious tangling this soon is a bad sign...

Is the hair human or synth? Either way, I would recommend applying a silicone shine spray, liberally, from roots to ends and detangling slowly, section by section, using a wide-tooth comb. If it's synth, you can also use a fabric softener. If it's synth, it may need to be steamed or blown out to "smooth" the hair. If it's human, I don't know....

Good luck! :)
krs523 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krs523 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 4:04pm
Thanks, Jenn -

Yes...been religious about taking care of the hair. I had the 16" extensions in from hairpiece.com for about 3 weeks and didn't have this issue. It's human hair...I know, I know....crapshoot! :)

I'm going to keep trying, but it's a serious huge mat. I called hairpiece.com and asked for help and they had no solutions. So I asked if they would refund me the $$ for the hair and they said they said it could be the way it was put in. Well...same girl put in these that put in the 16" ones, so that's not the issue. And I've taken care of them the same way as the last ones. Makes me want to SCREAM!!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 4:14pm
Ugghh. I was worried it was human. Beyond conditioner and silicones, maybe a detangler, I'm not sure what to suggest. It sounds like some seriously crappy hair, though. Which kind was it? I've heard fairly good, albiet mixed, reviews of the 909 and 101. I really hope you didn't pay a ton of money for it.

Crapshoot indeed.
:)
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 4:18pm
#1 - work on the hair when it's dry. Do not coat with conditioners or wet the hair prior to detangling.

Don't comb down, backcomb the hair, pulling it up little by little out of the tangle.

If you're able to get the knots out, next time when washing, comb/brush thoroughly before shampooing & treat the length very gently. 20" is a lot of hair to wash so just let the lather fall down the length and gently squeeze.

If you have further trouble with your hair, remove all of it because you'll have nothing but problems from this point forward.

krs523 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krs523 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 4:19pm
It was the 20" Remy Flashpoint 909. I'm so mad and sad because I LOVED the look. I'm scared to take them out because the rings will not be able to slide down the hair. I know I'm going to end up with a pile of hair that looks like a rat's nest. I'll try to post pictures of it!

I think I need to let it dry before taking them out...thoughts?

Thanks!
krs523 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krs523 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 4:22pm
Thanks, Amm - I pretty much did all of the things you suggested in terms of washing. I just washed the scalp and let the shampoo fall where it may. I made sure to throughly detangle prior to washing.

I think it's a lost cause....this sucks!!!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by krs523 krs523 wrote:

I'm scared to take them out because the rings will not be able to slide down the hair.

I think I need to let it dry before taking them out...thoughts?

If you can do so without involving your own hair, trim the knotted ends off. You'll be able to get the rings out.

Bummer. I've got the 909 Flashpoint and it didn't turn on me. I bet it's nothing you did - probably just a crappy batch.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 5:36pm
How often do you detangle? Twice a day may not be nearly enough if you bought natural hair that's like mine. I have to detangle every two hours.

You need to detangle before you wash, and wash in the upright position, never upside down. And don't bring the hair up to your scalp to shampoo, leave it hanging and spread your product down to the ends.

Then detangle again with a wide tooth comb while rinsing out the conditioner.

Natural hair in perfect condition can be extremely tangly as a result of the fact that it comes from different people. Some hair just tangles more than others.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 6:53pm
WHEN I HAD HUMAN HAIR... I used this conditioner, I slept with it in from shoulder length down an not to let it slip out from the braids...

It is in the ethnic section of the grocery or drug store (or walmart). $5 I think. When I slept with it in and rinsed it out the next AM, it was so easy to detangle the next am I could use a wide tooth comb in the shower no problem.

I also used this daily on occassion, and randomly as I felt I needed it. I love this stuff. Other people may not recommend doing this, but it REALLY worked for me.
i love plastikhaar
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 7:57pm
I have been using hairpeice 909 on my self and cliants for 6 months or so and this is why Ive been looking for somthing else. It's never the same my last batch was supose to have slight wave and it is so curly (turns out I like this better so wonder how I'll get it again!) But my last bag was like yours tangled while sitting still!! I want to try his and hers stick hair but they dont have a good selection yet. I allso order from short to long but it's the same stuff as hairpeice.
krs523 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krs523 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 8:40pm
I'm wondering if the EZ plugs from Extensions Plus would be better. I know that a few people on this board have had good luck with that.
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 8:49pm
I am having them send me a price list and I still have to order there color ring but I am going to try them
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 9:32pm
krs, if youve done everything that the girls have suggested then there probably isnt much hope for the hair. If its tangling and matting this soon its only going to get worse. I would get them out before the tangling gets too bad and starts to tangle your own hair along with them.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 9:37pm
I think the flash point hair from hairpiece.com is pure crap! I liked their prices and believed them when they said that they had quality hair, so I ordered enough of the remi 909 to do about 10 clients. Out of those 10 clients that I put that hair on, only 1 client didn't have huge tangling problems. So that is a 90% failure rate, and that's not acceptable, so I will never order from them again.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 9:46pm
eeehhh, yep thats totally unaccepteble! That hair is definitely off my list. Thanks metalgirl!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 11:35pm
Not to add insult to injury, but...what have I always said about hair from hairpiece? It's pure garbage. People have come into their shop screaming that they've been sold crappy hair, and everyone just stands around looking at them, offer no help, nothing. So sorry this happened to you, krs. Really, I wish there was something to be done to keep people from having to go through this nightmare.
Next time go with Bohyme. Same price and 100% better hair every time.
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 12:05am
Sounds like they have customer sevice issues also. I just oredered extentubes from them, I hope I dont have a problem with my order.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 2:07am
I had service issues.

I paid but forgot to choose a shipping method. Some guy called after 9pm, closer to 10 to say that he could send me a paypal request for the 4 or whatever.

He sent it to the wrong address. I replied and explained to him that I had paid for the shipping with x address.

He kept sending me requests for gosh, what was it, 2 weeks?

Finally, I just put in another order for the extend tubes and emailed customer service explaining.

They refunded the money for the extend tubes and the shipping.

But geeze, what a PITA!

Rose

p.s. Someone recommended the generic Biosilk at Sally's? I got some today, the liters are on sale 2/10.00 and it works on my semi remi microring extensions, just fine :)

jenn c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenn c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 6:19am
you could try sil infusion midshaft to ends, its like biosilk only better cause it has no alchol. i ordered hairpiece 101 and installed it yesterday washed afterwards no problem here yet will see though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic