Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Makeup Shade Selection?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kara K. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kara K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Makeup Shade Selection?
    Posted: February 01 2003 at 7:20pm
I have heard match your makeup shades to your clothing, your skintone, etc. What is the best rule on this, and how do you know what you are in terms of cool or warm or is it hot and cold? I have blonde hair and blue eyes and look good in deep purple. Someone told me I am a cool? Does that make sense?

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2003 at 7:34am
Hi Kara,

While many blond/blue people are cool, it's hard to tell without seeing your skin tone which category you fall into. Does your skin have rosy, yellow, olive or blue undertones? You've probably heard of the "season" color analysis system, which tells you if you're a spring, summer, autumn or winter. It's certainly not an exact science, but here are a couple links that might help you decide for yourself

http://www.idiotsguides.com/Quick-Guides/MG_Find_Color_Type/file.htm

http://www.imageandmore.com/colortype.htm

Good luck Kara!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Deutschgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deutschgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2003 at 2:07pm
Hi Kara,

The best way I found out if I was warm or cool was to use a hairdresser's cape specially made for women trying to find out if they were warm or cool. The cape is gold (warm) on one side and silver (cool) on the other. Flip each side to see which looks better on you. But be careful, some people are a fine line between the two. Like myself, I can wear both combinations.
Catta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2003 at 9:30pm
I read somewhere that you can tell if you're warm or cool by the colour of your veins. If they are more green tones then you are warm, but if they are more blue toned, then you are cool. Ive had kinda mixed resultd with this one though, but u could giive it a try.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic