Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Make-up Morning Crisis! Pics of me for help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Make-up Morning Crisis! Pics of me for help!!
    Posted: February 21 2003 at 3:06pm
Okay, here's my problem (I seem to have a lot of these): I absolutely look horrid in the morning, and I need to figure out how to make my make-up make me look good in the morning, rather then even worse.

My normal make-up procedure is to put on Covergirl Liquid Foundation in 'Classic Ivory', then I line my upper eyes with Avon Pencil Eye Liner in 'Crave'. My mascara is an Avon Volumizing mascara in 'Brown/Black'. (only on upper lashes) I darken my eyebrows a little, and put a shiny powder bronzer my Bonnebell, or blush on my cheeks in Avon's 'Earthen Rose'. So basically, Im a neutral/browns kinda gal. Help!

This is what I look like in the evening:http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL60/939714/1730576/20425962.jpg

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL60/939714/1730576/20426097.jpg (Im the dark brown-haired girl)

Picture me in the morning now: small eyes, achingly defined bags, and red eyes. Help!

Can anyone give me suggestions on what kinds of make-up, foundation, eye-shadow and lip colours I should wear for the morning and the evening! I would love you forever!!!
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2003 at 7:14pm
You are a very pretty girl. Your evening makeup looks fine.

If you get 8 hours of sleep, eat properly and drink adequate water, you should look just fine in the morning. If your eyes really are small and/or red in the morning, ten minutes with a cool washcloth compress should help. That and a nice hydrating shower. When my eyes don't look well in the morning, I give them a shot of Visine.

Again, I think you look just lovely. None of us look terrific in the early AM, but with good sleep & shower, I bet you look fine as a fox.
[/url]

Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2003 at 2:07pm
Aw, thanks!

And thanks for the tip. I'm going to try that tonight.
Ah, blessed Visine. Works every time. ^_^
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2003 at 3:23pm
Hi Stinka! So nice to put a face with a screename--and you're pretty too so even better! :-) Honestly makeup is not my strong point but I would suggest emphasizing your eyes with a smoky eyeshadow on the lid and a lighter highlight color above along your browbone. We have similar coloring (I have brown hair/eyes, and slightly darker skin) and I find that darker plums and chocolate tones really play up my eyes. I use mascara on my bottom lashes--I got used to it after awhile--as well as a yellow-based concealer to cover my undereye rings.

As far as I know, fluid retention from laying down causes puffy eyes. I've read that a cold spoon gently pressed against your eye (closed, of course) can reduce this effect. I haven't tried it so I don't know for sure! Either way, good luck girl and don't distress much--I'm sure you're lovely no matter WHAT the time of day! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Catta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2003 at 9:54pm
Puffy eyes can be the result of dehydration, too little sleep or too much alcohol. Try to drink as much water as possible to rehydrate your body and apply a cool compress to the eye area to reduce inflammation, or a cold spoon. If you have time, take a short walk, run or do some other form of mild exercise, which can help ease facial puffiness and improve overall well being(although this is not always practical in the morinig). You're very naturally pretty, and have a really cool look. From your picture, your skin seems to be in really good condition, and not needing foundation at all! If you feel the confidance to do so, you could start just dabbing concealor only on spots where you need coverage. This makes your skin look much more natural than all over foundation. However, you might need it, that's your judgement to make. To minimize puffy eyes, you want to try and draw attention away from that area. That can be tricky, though if you have dark circles, becuse concealor tends to draw attention to its applied areas. If you do have dark circles, make sure you don't apply the concealor to the outer part of your undereye, as that will really accent the puffiness. Also make sure that the concealor is NOT lighter than the rest of your face--this is a big no no! FOr the rest of your eyes, you might want to try putting a little something on your bottom lid too, so that the puffiness again is played down. try smudging a soft, darker colour on the outer third of it, a decreaseing its intensity, as you reach closer to the inner eye. I also love having a highlighter on the inner corner of the eye, as this really wakes my eyes up, and makes them look much larger. I don;t know if your using one already, but the best way to open up your eyes it to use an eyelash curler. Nothing else works as good. Make sure its a metal one, not plastic. I have a lot more ideas, but am pressed for time right now, so if you want some more suggestions, feel free to ask!
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2003 at 4:16pm
Thanks Catta!

I bought eyedrops which are working wonders for me right now! And I think I'll try that inner corner highlight now. It sounds nice.

Yes! If you have any other advice, Im very open and willing to hear it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic