Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ghost pale skin???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Courtney_Josephine_Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Courtney_Josephine_Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ghost pale skin???
    Posted: March 04 2003 at 11:31am
I have done alot of research in the last four years on pale skin- how to achieve it and what products and recipes to use. I have always had really pale skin and personally I think pale skin is Beautiful and timeless. In the Elizibethan period woman were obsessed with having ghost white skin..
So obsessed that they went to drastic measures-including Dying for, to have pale skin. Back than pale skin was a sign of Aristocratic nature, wealth, and beauty. Many people today go and have there skin tanned at tanning salons...
I just thought that it was necessary to anyone out there with pale skin who like the pale skin look should know about the information I have to offer about pale skin. I know many web links, recipes, and products to suggest if you are interested.
I am still learning myself- and still contiuing to search for the stuff that works. If anyone has any information as to anything obtaining itself about getting paler skin please reply or email me at:
Courtney@gothicrose.zzn.com
Thanks and cheers
Rose
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 12:37pm
I too have really pale skin. I gave up on foundations. They generally just made me look orange. I use a tinted moisturizer with SPF 15 so that there is no danger of burning or tanning. I agree that pale skin is beautiful, at least on your face, but I have trouble with pale bodies. I guess it is just because I grew up during the sun worshipping '60s and '70s when we actually put iodine in baby oil to tan quicker. And the old saying that "tan fat looks better than pale fat" seems to me to be true....
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Disregarded Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disregarded Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2003 at 3:49pm
As a natural rehead, I have very pale skin too. The primary foundation that I use is MaxFactor Facefinity in Natual Honey. It's their lightest shade. I could go for another shade lighter, but as long as its blended well, its looks nice. It has Permawear and SPF 15, and doesn't make my skin oily or anything. I've also tried Amphigory, but I think I may be allergic to it...

Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2003 at 8:19am
The lactic acid in a Yogurt Mask Is a gentle and wonderful Facial treatment. Also wonderful for blemishes.

Yogurt Mask:

Plain Yogurt with active cultures
on clean skin for 10 minutes.

Rinse well with a clean washcloth in GENTLE circular
motions...to remove any dead skin or debree.

Pad dry and apply the proper moisturizer for your skin type.

The foundation colors; Ivory or Porcelain come to mind.

Lily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 12:13pm
I'd like to know what you have found on pale skin.:) And I'm glade to see that you love your paleness, I was afraid it was one of those "oh-help-me-I'm-so-pale" kind of thread. My skin is also pale and I've come to accept it (I hated my complection before, but I've found out that there's no way I was ever going to get a tan.)
So rather then fight it, I love it! There's plenty of celebrities who are pale-skinned, like Liv Tyler, Nicole Kidman, Tori Amos, etc...
I've gathered a few makeup tips from pictures of them:
Pale girls with dark hair look amazing with pinkish blush (the liquid kind was a revelation to me.) A fine brown line on the upper lashes and red/rose lipstick even better is clear gloss.
Those with blond/red hair usually look great with brown mascara only, copperish-rose blush and any tint of copper lipstick or gloss.:)
Savage Gardener View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage Gardener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 3:34pm
I'm very pale as well. I have reddish-brown hair and matching eyes (co-ordination dahling!) and I too have totally given up on the whole foundation trip. It always looks orange and generally icky.

chamogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chamogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2003 at 5:01pm

Good Goth has LULU makeup for very pale skin and even has a white base that can be added to an existing foundation to further lighten the foundation. I mix the white in with Oil of Olay(spf 15) to make a "tinted" moisturizer
chamogirl
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2003 at 1:44am
Me! I need some links and recipes,too!
ll_insomnia_ll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll_insomnia_ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 1:53am
I love being pale. I find nothing wrong with it. Everyone else is so tan, they look the same. Some girls I know go tanning EVERYDAY. But i'm glad to know that i'll be healthy and in 20 years I won't look like i'm ten years older, have wrinkles, or cancer.
no
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic