Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pale foundation??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Courtney_Josephine_Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Courtney_Josephine_Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pale foundation??
    Posted: March 05 2003 at 3:08am
I am looking for an extremley pale foundation that is oil-free, and is for oily skin. It is very hard to find really pale foundations for my skin type for as fair as I am... So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks and Cheers***
Rose
bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2003 at 10:11am
Hi, I've seen the gals at the Clinique counter with the very pale skin look-I'm sure they could help you.
Palonia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2003 at 9:17pm
The palest I was ever able to find was the stick foundation in 'lily' by Estee Lauder. L'oreal (who I believe is owned by the same company) also has a stick foundation called 'soft ivory' that is very similar and about half the price. They are a touch dark for me in a couple places on my face during the winter, so I have to keep application really light there. I have never been able to find a liquid foundation that didn't look bright orange or pink on me though. A few people have given me the suggestion of checking out goth make-up sites as well, and that might be something to look into as well.
HTH
Palonia
Palonia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2003 at 9:28pm
Realising that you were looking for oil-free. I'm not entirely sure whether the two I mentioned are oil free or not. How do you plan to wear them? I only use them as a concealer around my eyes for the most part, so I'm not sure how well they would work over the entire face. I suspect that if you are as pale as I am (and I've had strangers approach me to comment), they might be a bit too dark still over the entire face. Have you checked out 'Prescriptives'? They apparently offer a color matching system and should be able to make something up for you. Do you have warm or cool undertones? I have warm undertones, so the two I mentioned might not work on someone with cool.

Palonia
Trulybeautiful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trulybeautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2003 at 1:08am
Aromaleigh's Alabaster is for extremely pale skintones.
Have a wonderful day! {hugs}

Jean
pomme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 12:12pm
you may want to try Urban Decay, Amphigory, Armani, Helena Rubenstein, Shu Uemura, Anna Sui and MAC. They all have some extremely pale foundations. HTH!
Penny Lane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penny Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2003 at 3:18pm
I am an extremely pale blonde, and all I've found that works for me is a shade by prescriptives.

It took me quite awhile to find the shade I use now, which perfectly matches my skintones. I can't use Clinique, which I saw others recommended, because it turns orange on my skin.
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2004 at 3:17pm
Im really pale and have the same problem trying to find a good shade that doesn't make me look like a clown, like i put cake frosting on my face, or like I've sunburnt my face.

The palest shade I've found that works well and doesn't have these effects is Max Factor's Facefinity. I use Light Ivory.
Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 1:12am
the body shop has great oil free foundation and they dont make u look pink like lots of other pale foundations do
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 5:54am
I actually am pink, and ironically enough, I have a hard time finding foundations that aren't too beige for me :-P . *shrugs*  Not that I bother with make-up unless I have to anyway, though. . .

Edited by Kuroneko
More awesome than a manatee!
Alyssa_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyssa_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 1:48am
canarycosmetics.com has some very pale mineral makeups, I've used their cherry vanilla and it is very very pale. It is oil free and good for your skin too.
Platinum Blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platinum Blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 10:51am
I think you should check out FACE Stockholm's foundations.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic