Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dark Circles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dark Circles
    Posted: March 09 2003 at 4:51pm
I always look so tired---my eyes have little dark patches under them. I think it is because I have such a fair complexion. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for minimizing this problem. THANXS
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2003 at 6:51pm
Get your sleep, drink lots of water...avoid caffiene, pop, alcohol and of course smoking.

Amber colored consealer under your foundation works well. Yellow neutralizes the lavender/blue shadows.
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 10:54pm

Hmmm...thanks; but the problem is that I do drink lots of water (aprx 1 gallon a day), non-smoker, non-drinker, good sleeper!

Does anyone know of moisterizer that works well or makeup that works well to hide this luggage.

SOPHIE---can you suggest a certain brand that makes the amber colored concelear?

THANKS
DixieDarlin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixieDarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 5:03pm
Maybelline has good stick concealers in a yellowish hues
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 6:28pm
I think "Physicians Formula" does too.

A Gallon a day! Waaaaa...I am so proud of you. That's really good.

The skincare that I love is a private label line that I carry at my Salon, called "Sophie's Skin".....We have a Lavender Sage Moisturizing cream that is to die for....

But Alas...sigh... you guy's would have to come to my salon to get it.
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 6:58am
Thanks for all the suggestions! I definately want to try something.

Yes a gallon a day! I am a gym rat so I'm always trying to take good care of myself. I have to keep myself hydrated.

Do green tea bags on the eyes help? I have read this somewhere and have yet to attempt it. Just wondering if anyone has tried that one yet.
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 7:15am
Actually those dark patches have nothing to do with lack of sleep etc (that causes bags!), but with circulation. The skin under your eyes is very thin and the dark stuff you see is blood.
I read somewhere that regular light dabbing (with a finger) on the dark patches makes them a little lighter; it's supposed to stimulate circulation in that area.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 8:20am
I'm sure heredity has something to do with dark circles on a lot of people.

We used to have a European Trained Esthetician working with us and she always used Chamomile Tea bags on the eyes during facials.

Isla are you talking about a tapotment (spelling?? I'm referring to a massage technique of light tapping....some one correct me if I'm way off).
This seems like it could be good if done very gently.?
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 1:26am
I haven't actually heard the word "tapotment", but I was talking about light tapping, so that could be it!
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 6:36am
Very very interesting girls! The whole circulation thing makes a lot of sense. I just feel like I'm too young to have tired looking eyes---even when I'm not tired. I'll be 24 at the end of this month.

Do you know a website or book that talks about this "tapping" thing? I would like to read up on it somemore.

I guess this is a pretty common complaint from us girlies......dark eyes just arent' so glamorous!
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 8:40pm
Trixie; I will find outmore, let you know...I have that info some where or I'll ask massage people I know...I'm on it.
Catta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2003 at 9:34pm
Dark circles are for the most heriditary, and thus can't really be cured. Because the skin undernaeath the eye is so thin, occasionally people have results by using a strong moisturizing eye cream on the area that helps to strengthen and thicken the skin, but this still does not create dramatic results.I too suffer from the dreadful things and have done al sorts of research on them that has proven to be quite depressing. The only real salvage from dark circles(heriditarily caused) is to use concealor. I dont know what type of skin you have(i.e dry, oily, etc.) but you should choose a concealor according to those grounds. I have tryed soooo many,(and still searching for the perfect one) so if you want some recommendations, I'd be happy to give you some. Good luck! I know how you feel...
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2003 at 3:23pm
Now obviously not all of these massage movemets are appropriate for the eye area....But gentle tapping is I think what we were discussing.

TAPOTEMENT
Tapping, Pincement, Slapping Hacking, Cupping, Beating, Pounding Stimulation of tired muscles
Relaxation of hypertonic muscles
Loosens mucus in thoracic cavity Stimulates nervous system, muscles, vessels
Enhances muscle tone via contract-relax response
Increases circulation
Stimulates organs through low back
Increases gaseous exchange
Stimulates skin and glandular activity
Muscles is spasm or cramping
Spastic paralysis
Atrophied muscles
Flaccid paralysis
Insomnia, neurasthenia or complete exhaustion
Neuritis or painful conditions
Over bony area
No heavy tapotement over the kidneys
No heavy tapotement over low back in pregnancy or menstruation

Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2003 at 3:30pm
Sopie---THANXS! Your the sister who is on the ball! You are an encylopedia of knowledge about beauty.

Catta---I have fair skin. If you are this skin tone then please share what conclears have worked for you.

GENETICS---they seem to be such a pain
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 8:38am
YES--my prayers have been answered! Last week I went to the Bobbi Brown cosmetic counter to get a make-over. Not only did I look fabolous and natural when she got done---but I also found my new product that I just cant' live without.

They have an excellent conclear for anyone who has problems under their eyes like mine. The conclear with the corrective conclear was $68!!!! I'm sorry, but that was a big chuck for some makeup; but OMG I LOVE IT!!!! I feel more confident now. THe corrector is a rosy color and does miracles to cover up that dark color. Next I apply the regular color conclear and then it comes with some light powder to keep it all in place.

If your serious about hiding those pesky bags then this is an excellent investment. Go to the Bobbi Brown counter yourself and try it out.
Catta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 8:35pm
I'm so happy that you found a concealor you like! I'm still searching for the perfect undereye concealor. What is the name of the one you bought? Is it the "creamy concealor" one of hers? Thats the undereye one i hear most about by bobbi brown. I'm almost out of my old concealor, and im debating whether i should get the laura mercier one, or bobbi brown.
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 9:04pm
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 9:04pm
Yes, it is the "creamy" type. It is a real life saver!!! Can't compare the other product to it because I have never used it before. I think your best bet would be to go to each of those cosmetic counters and test the products out. Despite all this I will stand by Bobbi Brown
mandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2003 at 11:38pm
i have the same problem and what i do is dab a little dot of concealer (i use covergirl invisible undereye concealer) right in the corner of my eye and dots all along the circles. then rub it in. it usually looks too fake-looking after i do this so i blend some tawny-colored blush from nose to ear and then my skin really glows! it makes u look more alert too.
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 2:06pm
Interesting----I will have to try that out!

THANX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic