Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eyeliner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MEME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eyeliner
    Posted: March 19 2003 at 3:59pm
Any tips on keeping eyeliner where it is supposed to be??? Mine tends to run as the day goes on.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2003 at 7:32pm
Get waterproof liner.

I like the automatic type pencil, so you don't have to sharpen and waste half the pencil...

A good tip...If you do sharpen the wood type pencil liners...Put it in the freezer before you sharpen, it will waste less.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2003 at 7:13am
As I was performing my daily Artistry (my make-up), I thought of another great tip.

Sometimes lipliner works great as an eyeliner...you might have to experiment a bit, but its fun.

And oh yeah, I love lipstick as shadow sometimes, especially in the summer....Have fun with it don't be afraid to try different things...Make sure its clean and safe stick with the stuff made for the face...

Party On MEME Girl
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2003 at 7:36pm
I agree---the twist up eyeliners are great. I use Lancome's waterproof eyeliner and I love it. No more weird smudges or anything. It stays on all day and looks as good as it did when I first put it on. You may want to look into a waterproof eyeliner to keep a neat look all day long.

Hey sophie----how do you use lipstick as an eyeshadow? That sounds really interesting. Lipliner as an eyeliner---also another trick that sounds worth trying.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2003 at 4:31am
Here is another vote for waterproof, twist-up liner. I use Lancome's LeStylo pencil. It's a bit pricey at $21, but you can get one brand-new on ebay for half that. It works really well under the eye, as well as a liner for the top lid.

I use it under the bottom lash line, not inside. I think lining the inside of one's lower lid makes most people's eyes look smaller. I also make my line very, very thin. Sometimes I add top lid liner, again very thinly, for dressier occasions.

Applying dark eyeshadow very thinly to the lash line (above or below) instead of liner gives you a really nice "smokey" look, but may need to be touched up every couple of hours.

BTW, cosmetic manufacturers caution against using lip products in the eye area. I am not an expert, but I do know that the eye area is very sensitive and products designed specifically for that area are probably the most gentle. So please be careful.

Elissa
[/url]

Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2003 at 6:34am
Is it true? Can you buy Lancome make-up off e-bay for 1/2 price brand new!!! I love using their makeup and if I can only pay half for it I'm even more happier!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2003 at 2:38pm
Yes, it's true. But you have to be careful to a) read the item description very carefully to ensure that you know what you are getting (new vs. used, tester vs. full-size not a tester, etc) AND b) check out the seller via the feedback history. Also, don't forget to factor in the shipping charges.

I got two LeStylo pencils for $19.99 + shipping and it was a great transaction.

You can get MAC, Chanel and other expensive cosmetics as well. Not to mention Redken, Tigi, etc.
But remember that these products are not "guaranteed" in any way by the manufacturers since they are not really being sold through legitimate distribution channels, as has been mentioned in other threads here.
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2003 at 3:08pm
THANXS again!!! I'm be sure to look into it and read descriptions very carefully
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2003 at 7:41pm
I know that The lip thing isn't recommended for Eye's .....And if you are sensitive you should always be careful....but I've been doin the make-up thing, on me and others, for a long time now...and have never had a problem.

So, all I can say is...you have to know your own tolerances, and go from there.

And I have to say you guy's are really paying top dollar.........19.99 for eyeliner....10.95 maybe, and for even less check out Almay's..automatic eye pencil. ?? Not bad for the money.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2003 at 8:51am
You can buy some stuff to put on your eyelid prior to applying any makeup. It keeps it from running or making lines in the crease and helps keep eyeliner in place too. This works very, very well for me and since I live in a very humid climate and have oily skin, I really need something to keep my eye make up in place. Merle Norman sells this but I can't think of the name of it. Just tell them you want the eye make up preparation thing and they'll know what you are talking about. Revlon has one too but it isn't always available at the Revlon counter.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2013 at 6:17am
Gel or liquid eyeliners work well for this. You can of course touch up during the day, but try this....

Prime the eyelids with foundation and powder (translucent works best)
Add the eyeliner
Touch up with shadow using an angled brush
Dust over with a slightly lighter shadow to finish off the setting

good luck
xobounce
SurveenA4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurveenA4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2014 at 6:03am
Ya it is best. You can use this kind. I always try to use new types.
Audrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 8:17pm
I use a waterproof eyeliner to prevent smudges!
MiaMackenzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiaMackenzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2018 at 3:45am
Hello, When explaining the art of eyeliner application, I'll link it to a relationship. Hear me out: Both require a ton of patience and persistence to make it work and can be super frustrating at times. However, once you put in the proper time and effort, the end result is totally worth it.
mellowax.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic