Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Smokey Eyes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smokey Eyes
    Posted: July 03 2005 at 7:57am

yeah they sell sticks of cream shadows made just for it.I bought the rimmmel one in a copper shade.I just smear it straight across bottom lid.And blend haphazardly with my finger.If your scared layer it on lightly.I could never wear a smoky eye until i found that stick.

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 2:10am
simple.  do your eyes, you dont even have to blend that well.  smear with water.  re apply liner and mascara.  thats it.
Sunlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 8:21pm
Thank you so much everyone!!  I'm going to practice tonight!! My hubby will thank you all later.
Never gesture emphatically with a taco in your hand.
akiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 10:40pm
You know what's easy and works for me really well is to first apply some soft black pencil eyeliner (as close to the lash line as you can get on the top and pretty much on the lash line on the bottom). Then take some eyeshadow of your choice (I'd go with a dark brown as sometimes black can get a bit severe) and apply it up on top of your lid (up to the crease, over the crease, it's you're call). Next, grab a Q-tip (yes, I'm super high tech, can't you tell? ), dampen it, and apply that same shadow as you did your eyeliner with the exception that on your lower lashes, you keep close to the lash line and not on it. Last, smudge up that shadow on the bottom a bit (be careful not to smudge too low or else you'll look like you have dark circles under your eyes). You can use some lighter shadow to highlight your browbone and darken the corners with some more brown shadow if you're feeling adventurous.

This is a kinder, gentler 'smokey eye' since the effect is not quite as harsh and it's tougher to go raccoon eyes with it. Sort of smokey eyes 101. From there, you can play with colors and layers and whatnot.

veggie_gurl101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veggie_gurl101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 7:20pm
try taking pictures of hillary duff and just really observing them. she wears smokey makeup all the time and maybe if you see the way she does it maybe you can learn from what you see !
eat more veggies,love your pets
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 12:04pm
I've done the smokey eye look as follows: apply black eyeliner (thinly) under the bottom lash line and along the top lash line, and then apply dark grey or midnight blue shadow on top of it, using a paintbrush-like brush (instead of sponge applicator). You can apply the dark shadow to the outer eyelid corners, or along the lid, as you like. Experiment with the shadow, adding a little bit at a time because once you've added it it's hard to take it away.

The look works with smokey browns, too. Lots of black mascara completes this look nicely.
[/url]

jen8541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen8541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 2:55pm
How do you do smokey eyes? I have eye shadow from Loreal that is called smokey eyes and has two silverish colors, a grey color and black but I don't know how to do the smokey eye look.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic